The Springs of Escondido

Reviews of The Springs of Escondido

Independent Living Reviews for The Springs of Escondido

August 02, 2019

By Kim

We went on a tour of The Springs of Escondido, but it was not for my father-in-law. It was more independent living and not for assisted living residents at all. So I wouldn't recommend it for anybody looking for assisted living. It's like an apartment complex where you can hire someone to come in and give you care from the outside, because there's no care there. I thought the staff was fairly friendly. I didn't eat their food but their dining room was pretty and nice. The place seems dark when you walk in, and I like a place that's a little lighter and more airy.

Hi Kim, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on our community. The Springs of Escondido is an independent senior living community, however our residents have the option of hiring third party caregivers should they need them. While our community may not have been a good fit for your father-in-law at this point, we appreciate your kind words. Thank you again for your feedback

February 28, 2019

By Barbara

The Springs of Escondido was okay but the rooms were terribly small. I liked the location because it was within walking distance from shops and grocery stores. It's an older place but it looked okay. The people were very friendly. The staff who gave me the tour was very informative, nice and willing to answer any questions.

Hi Barbara, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience with our staff during your visit. While our community may not have been a good fit for you at this time, we appreciate the kind words. Please do reach back out if circumstances in the future change and all-inclusive senior living is right for you! Our team would be happy to work with you.

May 10, 2018

By Charolette

The Springs of Escondido was a lovely community. We went for lunch and the food was wonderful. It was very good. The room was very nice. It was a 1-bedroom, and had a separate bedroom. The staff member who toured us around was very good too. She took us around to the different rooms where they had different things. Springs of Escondido is a gated area, but I didn't like where it was located.

October 30, 2017

By Lisa and Shannon

My father-in-law stayed at The Springs of Escondido. Those guys did a great job. I have no complaints. It was clean and well run. The people that were managing the facilities were always available for questions or assistance and were very responsive. Their names were Russell and Cathy, and they were really nice people, and they really helped us. The food was perfectly good. They had plenty of activities, but he was not really into them, but they still tried to get him to go and do some of them. They had a library, Bingo, and other things that go on, he just had no interest in them.

May 20, 2017

By ms-carlsbad

The Springs was older in terms of décor but very pleasant and nice. The accommodations were spacious. They offered a full kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bath for the same price as other places with half a fridge and no kitchen. They did their own cooking on site and had a big dining room. The residents were happy and would smile and talk to the staff. However, the manager called me a lot and was so pushy. I couldn't believe it; it was uncomfortable.

March 06, 2017

By OC

Everything seemed nice at the Springs of Escondido. They had a library, the rooms were nice, and the building looked OK. The staff was nice, very friendly, and very helpful.

February 26, 2017

By Alfred063578

The Springs had most of the things we wanted, and it was very nice. It was not very expensive, and it was in a nice area. The staff explained everything to us very clearly. However, they don't have the care for when we get very old. They got a swimming pool, they clean the room once a week, and they serve three meals a day. The rooms were more of an apartment type. If we're going to move now, it would be to The Springs.

January 26, 2017

By Bill438348

I visited The Springs of Escondido. The people were very good. However, I did not think they had the necessary activities. The person that took us for a tour was friendly, supportive, and answered all of our questions. The dining room was fine. They only had one-bedroom units.

December 03, 2016

By Dave421738

I liked the Springs. It was more in our budget, and I want to take my parents there. It has a nice location, and the place and the people were nice. I went to two different rooms that were both a little strangely shaped but nice and tidy. The staff member who assisted me was good, helpful, called me back to keep in touch, and gave me a nice tour. The dining area was nice.

November 25, 2016

By Beryl854223

The Springs of Escondido was very nice, and the staff was very pleasant. The rooms were sufficient to my mom's needs, and they provide what's necessary. The menu appeared very adequate, and the grounds are nice. It was located so you can go shopping if you're able to. It's well worth the exploration.

November 21, 2016

By MK286678

The Springs of Escondido was very friendly and very reasonably priced. They sent us home with a banana cream pie, and it was very nice. It was a pleasant experience. They have a full social calendar of activities. They had two on-site manager 24/7 who lived there. They have a library.

September 30, 2016

By Terri135816

I moved in to The Springs of Escondido, and I'm very happy because it's very clean, the managers are very nice and helpful, there are 3 solid meals a day, my apartment is perfect, clean, and I can get people to come and clean my unit and help me with things if I pay them. The food is good, and there's transportation to other places with a bus on certain days of the week. There are groups that I like.

September 30, 2016

By Jean S.701085

The Springs of Escondido would be the one that I would be considering when I’m ready to move. Everyone was very helpful there, and the people seemed very hospitable. They explained everything very well. They made me feel that I would be very welcome there. They did have reasonable transportation and nice activities for elderly people. The rooms were a little small, but they did have kitchens -- which a lot of the other places didn’t have. Everything was very up to date. They have people playing cards and going in the coffee room. I would recommend it.

February 23, 2016

By Pam119026650

The Springs offers a concierge care situation where you’re paying for each individual thing by the day versus a monthly fee. I felt that for my mother-in-law to know in advance what the price would be, I would rather live with the flat-rate price than what the concierge service could cost. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. The salespeople were a little more direct and put in a little more effort, not in a positive way but more in a kind of pressuring way.

February 15, 2016

By Nasrina

The Springs of Escondido was really nice. In fact, I was considering them, but they are a little bit far from where my daughter lives. The apartment was beautiful, and I like it a lot. The staff who assisted me was very nice, and very welcoming. This guy who gave us the tour did a very good job. They were even willing to work with my dietary requirements.

February 15, 2016

By Janice117608550

The Springs was a very strange place. The person that met with me turned me over to a different person right away, and we went to lunch. It just wasn’t right for me.

Hi Janice, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Springs of Escondido, and agree that the way you were treated was very unprofessional. I apologize. Thank you for taking time to leave a review, Katie

December 30, 2015

By Rusty6

The building is sort of old. It's maintained fairly well, but things break down once in a while (elevator stopped running at least 3 times in the last year, water pipe broke recently, cutting off water for a couple of days, the carpet's looking old. The food is OK, but sometimes the selection is limited (too much pasta). I wish the meal times were a little more flexible -- people are expected to be in the dining room at 8:00 for breakfast, 12:00 for lunch and 5:00 for supper. If you're a couple minutes late, you might not get the first course. There are 2 sets of managers (each set = husband and wife). The younger set are easy to get along with. The wife in the older pair is sometimes cranky and hard to deal with -- she's not really a 'people person'. Overall I'm happy. This place is the cheapest Independent living in town and it is OK, but if you can afford it, there are nicer places.

November 24, 2015

By George C.

The Springs of Escondido was a nice facility. The staff and few residents I met were very pleasant. The places in Escondido give you a little more square footage than the places down on the coast do for the same amount of money. As far as the quality of the facility is concerned, they're satisfactory. Their residents were all ambulatory to some degree. They use walking aids but can move around on their own.

November 11, 2015

I liked Holiday’s The Spring of Escondido the best. I liked the room, but I can’t afford most of these places. They offered a financial program, but I didn’t want to go that way. The building gave me a rather claustrophobic feeling because the hallways were narrow and long. The price keeps a lot of people away; all of these places are too high for a person on social security. The staff was very helpful.

November 04, 2015

The Springs at Escondido was nice for the money. It was a reasonable place. The room was nice. I came there without an appointment. I saw people playing cards in a big room. Some people were getting in a bus to town to go to their appointments and shopping.

September 14, 2015

By Percy1

We choose The Springs of Escondido for both me and my wife because first of all it seemed that the people are friendly. We actually have made friends easily. The facility felt very comfortable. The food is good, and we have enjoyed living here for a little over a month now. We were able to get a small bedroom and a small kitchen with a living room and a dining area. We are very happy with the situation.

June 30, 2015

I went to the Springs of Escondido. The staff was delightful, I was very impressed, and the residents seemed very nice. They were very friendly and very social with me. The room wasn't really spacious, but it was adequate. You can bring all your own things, which is nice. The whole point why I went was because I am vegan and I wanted to find out if I would be able to have my vegan meals, and that was impossible. What I like about it is I am Christian and they have Bible studies and meetings for Christians. They had a lot of recreational things and lots of outings in the past, so it sounded very nice.

May 22, 2015

The people at The Springs of Escondido are very friendly and outgoing. They have good food. We chose it because they felt welcome there, and they really like it. Their room was very nice. They have a one bedroom, and it met all their needs. They have different activities everyday.

April 30, 2015

By William104437350

The Springs of Escondido was nice, but it was too far away from my son. The staff were nice, and everything was nice. The food was pretty good. I just went for a three-day visit, and they had guest rooms, which were nice.

April 19, 2015

We visited The Springs of Escondido. They have a very nice facility. We were impressed with their two-bedroom independent living. They were economical, so we like it. They seemed very sufficient. The balcony was a little smaller than we had hoped though. The dining room looked very nice. They have a variety of activities. They seemed to have things like cultural events. I think their strong point is their very nicely priced service.

March 30, 2015

By Gerald11

The staff at the Springs was very good. They explained everything, they invited me to lunch, and the food was good. They have a professional chef that does the cooking. Their dining room was kind of like a restaurant. They have single rooms, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms. I don't think the one bedroom was big enough for me. The two-bedroom was big enough, but I don't know if the difference in prices was worth it.

December 26, 2014

By Elliot1976

My husband actually did go into The Springs here locally. He is out now, and we have to pay the rent this month because we have to guarantee them 90 days. We paid the rent this month but he liked it enough there he came last week even though the rent is paid. My husband liked it. There was no problem with the facility itself or the management. They were all very nice, helpful, and cooperative. The food was acceptable; there were no issues. He didn’t pay for just one month. Whether you stay or not, I think you have to pay 90 days. It is a nice place, and my husband had a beautiful room. I was happy; it is just the money. Everything seems fine, but it is expensive there; we can hardly afford it.

October 25, 2014

By caring96054650

I liked the Springs of Escondido. The rooms were nice, clean, and spacious. The dining area was very nice. The food was good when I ate there. The staff was knowledgeable. They had nice activities and everything.

August 30, 2014

By Nancy62808750

I live here in The Springs of Escondido. The staff is very good and people are very kind. I have a small puddle and they make accommodation for her. I like that it is not huge unlike any other places where you can bore yourself out just from going from point A to point B. It is an independent living but they have family help here for an extra cost. If you are sick, they can come in and help. They have card games, movies and different kinds of activities. They also have some religious things here that I like. The food is good here and I will recommend them to others.

June 17, 2014

The Springs of Escondido was good. It was very old, and the room was more of a studio. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They answered our questions and showed us around. We spoke to the residents, and we had a good feeling from it.

March 31, 2014

By Caring75920550

The Springs was a really good fit. She's been there now for three months, and she feels likes it's her new home. They keep her active with activities. They all come together to eat at meal time. They have bingo, excursions, and a bus that takes them to the library or an event in the neighborhood. It's wonderful.

Questions about The Springs of Escondido

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Springs of Escondido. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does The Springs of Escondido offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Springs of Escondido exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does The Springs of Escondido offer to independent living residents?

If The Springs of Escondido accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does The Springs of Escondido work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for The Springs of Escondido

Photos of The Springs of Escondido

Services and Amenities of The Springs of Escondido

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Springs of Escondido

The Springs of Escondido is located in Escondido, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Springs of Escondido for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Springs of Escondido