Meridian of Culver City

Reviews of Meridian of Culver City

Assisted Living Reviews for Meridian of Culver City

December 11, 2015

By Hap Williams

Our grandmother moved here several months ago and it's been a pretty eye opening experience. Our family was simply overwhelmed dealing with the onset of Dementia and it really was causing us all a lot of stress. When we found these folks and decided to move her there it changed all of our lives. From Nate,David,Christina and their nursing staff we have always felt welcomed and cared for. Grandma is stronger and so much happier now. We now understand she is not going to get better. The Dementia is slowing taking away from us but, she is safe and cared for and about. I read the earlier post by someone who had some pretty pointed charges and I don't believe they are commenting about the same place. I can recommend these folks.

June 30, 2015

Meridian didn’t looked like it was kept up and the people were sitting around. The rooms looked rundown and the staff’s help was mediocre.

May 15, 2015

By Ramona5

My grandmother actually loves it here in Meridian. It is hard for us to get her to leave from there. It is like when we want to take her out to dinner or lunch or out for the day she doesn't want to leave because she wants the food there. She loves it that we have to spend time with her there. She really likes that she can do activities with other seniors her age. I guess they have a gourmet chef because she is very picky as far as eating. Usually when we take her out, she stays with the same thing like chicken strips or chicken tenders, but over there, they can order what they want because she loves their food. She absolutely loves it. As far as the place goes, I would give it a like a ten because every time we go, there are people everywhere. Like in the day room, there is a gathering of people or, there might be some people in the TV room too. In that place, the seniors are up, active, and engaged. I guess assisted living is much different from what we were imagining which was something more like a convalescent or a nursing home. These people are very social and very active, and most of the time, they are out of their room. We used to get my grandmother to spend the night all the time because she always wanted to stay in my house or my aunt's house. Now she wants us to take her home, and she doesn't want to be locked out of the front door. She likes waking up to her breakfast there. She loves it, and I don't know what to say. I told her that I want to live there with her. The services are excellent, and anything she wants she gets. They are very accommodating, and the staff is great. She loves it.

April 19, 2015

By Daniel D. dela Cruz

My grandmother was in a place called Meridian of Culver Village. It was a terrible experience. The facility, as a whole, was one of the cleanest places that we had toured. The staff at the lobby floor was perfect. They were nice, they were humble, and it felt like the place to put grandma. They were organized and very accommodating, and just seeing the type of things like that was just fantastic. There was a lot stuff that way when we toured, but after she got in there, maybe after about a month or so, you saw something totally different. I went to visit grandma every day, and I would catch them off guard because I wouldn't come at the same hour. I would come at different hours sporadically, and I heard some of the staff talking about their wages and things like that. The next thing you know, there was this really cold night -- I think you remember the cold snap -- it was freezing, and they had left the window open in her bedroom. Several of the residents caught pneumonia, one of them died, and my grandmother almost died that night. Also, what we have seen before on the lobby floor -- in the memory care -- there was only two staff at a time because of this and that, and my grandmother got this huge bed sore. In the memory care, they don't have a lot of activities, and if they do, they're very sporadic. Their breakfast time and dinner time weren't at the same time every day. When I had the caregivers at the nursing home, I didn't need them to take over for everything. They were just meant to serve and complement the staff that was already there, but because the Meridian staff saw the caregivers, they thought that they didn't really need to bother with my grandmother anymore because there's somebody there with her, and because they were short-staffed, so they can just work on other clients or take another break.

April 16, 2014

Meridian has a younger crowd and the price is reasonable. My brother moved there earlier this month and he liked it. He thinks they’re very attentive. The director was very informative and answered my questions in great detail. I found him very knowledgeable. My brother’s room was newly painted and clean. The bathroom is very roomy and he finds it easy to get around. The dining room seemed fine and comfortable.

Independent Living Reviews for Meridian of Culver City

Photos of Meridian of Culver City

Services and Amenities of Meridian of Culver City

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: 197608307

About Meridian of Culver City

Whether for you or a loved one, Meridian of Culver Village offers a caring atmosphere, an active community, and a comfortable, secure lifestyle for our residents.

Here at Meridian of Culver Village, each member of our community enjoys the opportunity to 'live life their way'. Our valued residents enjoy assistance when required, and freedom when desired. Residency includes a complete array of services and accommodations.

Map of Meridian of Culver City