Avista Magnolia

Reviews of Avista Magnolia

Assisted Living Reviews for Avista Magnolia

August 15, 2018

By Cheryl

I really like the 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment on the third floor. It has a living room unit. It's a nice and airy room that's very clean, and I'm very happy with it. The plan they have for my husband and myself is excellent, and I'm very happy with the price and what it's going to cost. The people are very nice, they kept answering my questions about whether I could bring this or that. They're very pleasant and seemed to be very nice. We had a meal there and the food was quite good. I'm quite happy with the program. They provide three meals a day for assisted living. The closets in the apartment were very large. The master bedroom has two windows, which are quite nice, and the patio has a very good view up on the third floor. The middle bedroom can be used for your computer and that kind of stuff, and the living room is more adequate for a couch and all the living room stuff. The kitchen is a nice size for what we are allowed to have. One of the bathrooms has a bath tub and the other one in the master bedroom has a shower. They're quite large and adequate. Everybody I met was friendly, smiling, laughing, and talking to me. I saw the menu on the day that I visited, and for lunch I had soup, meat, vegetables, and a dessert; it was very nice. They have a very good exercising area, the chapel was beautiful, they have facilities for large parties, and the lobby was nice. The facilities I saw were excellent.

May 15, 2017

By caring105539050

My mother is no longer here, she was there for 2 years. It was nice. Out of the three communities in the Corona area, it was the oldest and the most inexpensive, but it is still quite nice. I think my mom was happy there. They tried to do what they could to have activities and parties. They did a nice job. They have parties and music program. They have a lot of themed parties. They have outings where they take them to the movies, to plays, to drives and things like out to dinner and out to breakfast. It is not all the time, but a few times a month. Sometimes they take them to the beach or if there were concerts at the park, they would take them to those. With the staff they had, I felt like they did the best they could trying to have something to do at least once a week. I felt my concerns were addressed which I appreciated when my mom started to have some more health issues at different times.

April 28, 2017

By Steven837021

It had independent and assisted living. It's an older place but still very nice and very clean. Everybody was very friendly. We saw some activities, like a choir group, when we were there. We didn't see the food, but the dining area looked very nice.

March 30, 2017

By Don252772

It was delightful. Everything was really nice. We appreciated how we were treated. They showed us the facilities and had a couple of units which could be doable. They had food and would clean your room and clothes. They had a registered nurse on the property, activities listed, and a van.

May 19, 2016

By Son of a residentZLYJH

My dad moved in over a month ago. We’re somewhat happy with it, but we can’t ask for everything we need right at this moment. They took us in at the very last minute. He got here on and moved in the following day, so they did the best they could. I can’t really give them five stars because there are quite a few things that need to be fixed. The staff people are friendly and courteous, but there’s one incident in particular that I was kind of concerned about; my dad slipped and fell right beside his bed, so he pulled the emergency cord that they have in the room and no one responded. He’s not hurt, just a little sore, but if nobody’s answering that cord, then there’s a problem. According to them, it was a busy night where they had some additional calls, and somehow they didn’t get to my dad right away. I don’t think that’s the case, so I can’t rate them highly. I think they’re OK right now and doing the best they can.

May 28, 2015

By anonymous106505350

It was clean. They were very professional. Their whole dining thing was awesome. It was like going into a 5-star hotel. The apartments were very nice. I would definitely recommend it.

April 27, 2015

My brother is here and it is very nice. The staff is friendly. Most of them are helpful. My brother is in the assisted living, and he is in a shared room, but he didn't have a roommate yet. I think the room is very pretty. The dining area is very pretty inside, and they sit you with other people so you can be more social. He doesn't do any of the activities, but they have a number of activities that people can do. I will recommend this community. I like the fact that they have a bus because he has doctor's appointments, and he needs transportation back and forth. It is very helpful. Also, the majority of the staff is very friendly. However, sometimes he needs more assistance than they are equipped for -- like lifting. They don't have a lift, and sometimes I think it is a little hard for the people to lift him, but they are always friendly.

April 27, 2015

It was the most cost effective for my mother. Overall, we are very pleased. They have exercise, cocktail hours every Friday, singers come in, bonfires, bible studies, knitting groups, and drama clubs. They have parties for birthdays and special holidays. They have field trips. If I couldn't go with her to the doctor, they would take her. It's very highly recommended.

April 10, 2015

I had visited. It was lovely and very nice. It was very convenient. It was right up the historical part of town, and it was just a beautiful place.

October 28, 2013

By Jacqueline7

It was wonderful. It was great. The gal who gave us the tour and actually told us about the facility took her time and showed us around. It was amazing! I would highly recommend the facility to anyone. I was proud to walk in there, was proud when I left and would be proud to walk my sister in there.

September 27, 2013

By Joanne16

It was a very nice place and it looked like everybody was happy and content. I felt very welcome. They had activities of all kinds. The dining room was nice, neat and clean.

September 09, 2013

It is really nice. People are really great. Everything was nice about the facility, the building, the dining hall, and the rooms. They have activities like bingo and yoga. Grandma could just go down to dining hall and get her three squares a day and not have to worry about a thing. If she calls, they come and take care of her needs. I'd definitely recommend it.

June 19, 2013

By Kris1

It was an absolutely beautiful facility. The staff were very good, attentive and caring. The administrator was awesome. The food was good and they had lots of activities. My mother-in-law was quite happy there until her dementia worsened and she needed more care.

May 14, 2013

It was a small facility but it was too far from where I lived. I liked it if not for the location.

May 11, 2013

By caring2780

I visited just to get some information. The place was very nice and the staff was very accommodating.

April 13, 2012

By babuzini

From the outside the facility is very accommodating. The building looks modern. I did not particularly like the staff. They rarely smiled and they did not feel very welcoming to people visiting their relatives. Other than that they were great with my great grandmother and I did feel she was in safe hands. The room she was in was smaller than I would have liked as it would be pretty crammed when my friends brought there families to visit her. They never treated my great grandmother with any sort of disrespect, even though her brain had been affected by the stroke and she it was fairly difficult for her to communicate all of the time. I would recommend this facility to another person if they do not mind not having a huge room to stay in with a basic 19 inch television. The main reason my mother chose this facility was that it was about a mile from our house. We did not visit or tour any other facilities.

Independent Living Reviews for Avista Magnolia

February 27, 2014

They had a lot of activities for independent living. They had different cooking areas, they had "man cave" for the guys. The rooms were nice, but it wasn't as spacious. Both their dining rooms are very nice. They had a lot of veterans there. They have special activities and they acknowledge the veterans that live there.

September 30, 2013

By Jim39

It was nice. They had activities. The people who were there were happy. They had big and spacious apartments. The staff was nice.

Costs for Avista Magnolia

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: License #336426511

About Avista Magnolia

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Avista Magnolia