Carlton Senior Living Concord

Reviews of Carlton Senior Living Concord

Independent Living Reviews for Carlton Senior Living Concord

May 10, 2016

By FredricaWLXNY

My first impression of Carlton Senior Living was that it was light. There were some younger people there, which was what I wanted. The apartment itself was very nice and had a very nice terrace. The staff was nice to me.

Thank you FredricaWLXNY for visiting us at Carlton Senior Living Concord. We are so happy that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff and enjoyed the ambiance. Please visit us again soon.

December 28, 2015

By James S.1

Chateau on Broadway was roomy and seemed comfortable. The residents as well as the people that ran the place were very friendly. They had a chapel. It seemed like a good fit for my wife. They had regular activities every day, some trips outside, and ordinary exercise. They tried made it like group living, which gave off the feeling of more of a relationship like a family than a bunch of people living in a hotel.

Thank you James S.1 for taking the time to review Carlton Senior Living's Concord Community. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our beloved residents, extraordinary Associates, and our lively activity program. We pride ourselves in being family owned and operated and, as you noticed, our residents are a huge part of our family and treat each other as such. We hope to see you and your wife again soon.

October 28, 2015

My loved one had stayed in Chateau in Broadway. She had a two-bedroom unit. It was very nice to have her in there. Her room was very nice. I do not think the food was all that great, but all in all, I thought it was a good facility also. I liked the staff there. I thought they were helpful. I thought the only thing I do not like there was the food, but my mom was OK with it.

October 27, 2015

My sister liked the Chateau on Broadway, and I liked this one a lot. It was very nice. I think she would have been happy there, and she put a deposit down, but they had a waiting list, and she was worried about the heat. Everybody we met seemed very friendly, and the grounds were very nice. They had nice big apartments -- two-rooms and a few studios.

September 12, 2014

I am getting ready to move into the Chateau on Broadway. It looks to me like it will be great. It is very nice and upscale, and all of the residents that we saw appeared to be quite happy.

May 03, 2014

By Dont want to live there

I have a friend living in this facility. I have seen the food that is being served there and am horrified at the food being served to these people. Lots of greasy foods, lack of imagination in the menu, not a good choice of food for those overweight, high cholesterol. One of the key points is the attraction of a "Dining Room" . I take my friend at least twice a week to find a tasty, and healthy meal. The owner/board needs to seriously review this situation. The food is NOT HEALTHY for seniors put in this situation.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82065450

My mom lives in independent living Chateau. There, she has more flexibility as far as meals. She can go down for breakfast almost any time. If she gets hungry, she can go to the dining room and order a sandwich. All day long, she can go and get something to eat if she wants to. They also have lots of activities there all day long. They have people coming in all the time, bingo, TV shows, exercises, and trips.

October 30, 2013

I had picked a place where I would go to and it was Chateau on Broadway. I had a tour there and I had some positive feeling from people who lived there. They were happy and I thought that counts a lot. Their friendliness impressed me the most. There were nice people. I would be going in their one-bedroom apartment. They went on tours. They seemed to have a lot of activity for the people who lived there every day like movies, bingo, craft and exercises. They had a services that would take them to doctor's visit.

October 09, 2013

By Yvette3

Chateau on Broadway was absolutely beautiful and if my grandmother did not pass away, I would put her there. The staff were receptive and they answered all my questions. They toured me around the facility and had a look inside one of the apartments. They showed me the dining area where the residents ate and it was very clean. The place was like a hotel and you knew your loved one would be safe and well taken cared of. The residents seemed happy and pleased. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

July 31, 2013

By Gloria D.

I will be moving to Chateau On Broadway in August because among other places that I have seen, it is the one that I feel that it is a homey place for me. It is not too big, and to me it looks like a home. There is a courtyard and it looks nice. There are nurses there in case of an emergency. They have daily activities for the residents. They have a shuttle bus available just in case you need to go to the doctor or shopping.

July 24, 2013

By Caring Lady1

The staff is very good, the rooms were beautiful, and the environment is all right.

Questions about Carlton Senior Living Concord

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Carlton Senior Living Concord. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our young-at-heart residents average age is 82 and they are very active. Happy hour, dancing and walking to the farmer's market are some favorite things to do.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Carlton Concord is centrally located near Todos Santos Plaza and Park & Shop shopping center. Lots of shopping opportunities, restaurants, a movie theatre, BART and public transportation and more are within walking distance of the community.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Carlton Senior Living Concord has organized?

We visit the nearby farmer's market weekly, trips to the casino, local historical garden walks, plays, concerts and more are just a sample of our off-site events.

What transportation services does Carlton Senior Living Concord offer to independent living residents?

We offer doctor and shopping shuttles weekly, as well as concierge car services to various locations within a five mile radius of our community. Many of our residents still drive, too!

What makes the chef or dining program at Carlton Senior Living Concord exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our Chef is CIA trained and has worked at high-end restaurants in the Napa Valley and brings a newh level of quality food to Concord. We currently offer a delicious continental breakfast and dinner daily in a restaurant-style dining room. Our delicious Brunch on Sunday will definitely delight with prime rib, smoked salmon on cornmeal pancakes or homemade strawberry shortcake, just to name a few items. Daily scratch-made soups start your meal, followed by salad and your choice of two specialty entrees ranging from lemon pepper chicken to grilled tri tip or roasted pork loin to eggplant parmesan. Complete your meal with a scratch made dessert and a cup of coffee. You won't leave hungry! Not feeling up to coming down for dinner? Call for room service!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Carlton Concord offers a cozy living room with a fireplace, beautiful dining room, a theatre room, fitness center, hair salon and large laundry room as well as a stunning central courtyard.

What safety features or security measures does Carlton Senior Living Concord offer to independent living residents?

Our community is a secured building with cameras at all entrances, underground parking for residents, emergency pull cords in all apartments and 24-hour staffing for any emergency needs.

If Carlton Senior Living Concord accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Carlton is definitely pet friendly and each apartment has it's own patio/balcony for the enjoyment of their pets as well as doggy potty stations on the perimeter of the community for some outdoor exercise.

Does Carlton Senior Living Concord work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Carlton Concord can provide residents with qualified care agencies if care is needed. We will also be expanding our programming to include full assisted living services on-site by our highly trained Carlton staff by the end of 2018.

Costs for Carlton Senior Living Concord

Photos of Carlton Senior Living Concord

Services and Amenities of Carlton Senior Living Concord

About Carlton Senior Living Concord

Carlton Senior Living Concord (Formerly Chateau on Broadway) is a lively, activity filled independent living senior community that provides plenty of opportunities to enjoy laughs, fun and life with new friends. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. Residents enjoy a contemporary, urban setting with beautifully landscaped grounds that invite those of us age 55 or better to enjoy life with ease and style. Spacious and well appointed apartments with balconies beckon the senior who is ready to take on the next phase of their life without all the daily hassles. Carlton Senior Living Concord senior apartments features a large, lush courtyard garden with seating areas and shady, green trees.

Map of Carlton Senior Living Concord