Brookdale Citrus Heights

Reviews of Brookdale Citrus Heights

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Citrus Heights

October 28, 2013

By Amanda6

The staff here is very caring and loving, they make the place livable. I had my mom here for only 2 months when I made the decision to move her. It was just a little too chaotic. While visiting my mom one day a woman across the hall fell and came crawling out into the hall, I pressed the emergency button but nothing happened! I ran around the facility to find someone and finally found them outside with other residents. They told me they disconnected the emergency buttons because the residents kept pushing them. With 75 people living there the staff is pretty busy. I would help with serving dinner and the food looked awful!! I complained several times but nothing got better. One day another resident came into my mom's room and went through her closet! I understand they all have memory issues but that was it for me, I started looking for another place. There is just too much going on for the staff to handle.

June 10, 2011

By ThinBasi

Other

I used to be an independent Avon representative and would visit this facility twice a month to sell to the occupants. During my visits I set up in several different areas and found the place to be very clean. Floors were always fresh and clean. From what I could see the temperatures were kept comfortable for all. The heat was on when it was cold. There were many areas for the people to communicate together. Activities were also set up for everyone. There were meals supplied to everyone at specific times of the day. This was nice because they were not expected to prepare their own meals. Over all I would say this is a nice facility however the people working there could have a slightly better attitude because they made me feel unwanted a couple times.
See all Memory Care reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Photos of Brookdale Citrus Heights

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Citrus Heights

• Licenses: RCFE

About Brookdale Citrus Heights

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Extra Large backyard with ample walking paths - Four living houses with dining and living rooms (all connected to center building) - Unique Approach to Alzheimer’s and Memory Care called Join Their Journey - On-site Beauty Shop - State-of- the-art Computerized Resident Evaluation tool called WeCare

Map of Brookdale Citrus Heights