Crosswood Oaks

Reviews of Crosswood Oaks

Independent Living Reviews for Crosswood Oaks

July 10, 2016

By Mary146851

I'm living here. It's very friendly. There are places to walk and a book club. The staff is helpful. They serve lunch and dinner, and you're pretty much on your own during breakfast. They have a bus, and you can arrange to use it up to seven miles away. It's really green, and they have animals outside that you can watch.

May 10, 2016

By Loving DaugherTJXDY

It was very nice, sunshiny, and bright, and the amenities were not brand new but in really good condition. They had storage units, pull cords, and a large vanity in the bathroom. Most of the time in other places, I’ve seen just a sink and a little ledge around the sink to put powders, lotions, or soap; this one had a larger vanity, so that was nice, and walk-in showers. It had a balcony or a patio whether you’re downstairs or upstairs, and also a bus for transportations. The staff was very friendly. They served lunch and dinner, and they also checked on the resident if that person doesn’t show up for a meal. The reason I didn’t choose this one, even though I really liked it, is because we just couldn’t afford it.

February 26, 2016

By Caring Daughter120146450

My mother-in-law was placed here for six months. It was close to my home, which was a plus, and allowed the family to come in and spend the night when residents are sick. Instead of having to put my mother-in-law in a full assisted living facility, it was a lot easier to keep her there. They also had a nurse on staff that would come and check on my mother-in-law every hour and bring her meals. The facility was very nice and had a country setting with turkeys and rabbits running around the place. My mother-in-law got attached to the rabbits and would feed them every day. They also had a beauty parlor. What attracted me most was that it didn’t feel like a hospital. It had more of a homey, welcoming feeling to it, so I really liked that. At first, the food was really good, but then they changed the cook toward the end, so it started to taste different. My mother-in-law wasn’t eating toward the end anyway, but they did have a menu and specials. If you didn’t want what they were serving, you could always have a hamburger, chicken nuggets, chicken pot pies, scrambled eggs, or grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn’t the most expensive place, but it wasn’t the cheapest place either. I thought the rates were reasonable. She had a bedroom and a living room with a kitchenette. They did the cleaning for her once a week, and there was a laundry facility right there. The staff was wonderful. I never had a problem with them. If I called or needed something, they were always there to help me. If my mother-in-law needed something, they always were there to help her, too.

June 25, 2015

Our grandma lives here. We are really happy with it. It is a great facility. They have all the accommodations that she needs. They make lunch and early dinner for the residents, and they have different trips that the residents can take. They have a calendar with a lot of activities, so they are very active. The staff is great, and the facility is clean. It is definitely a place I would recommend. It has lots of trees. There are bunnies running around the meadow area and turkeys gobbling all over the place. They have a really beautiful serene atmosphere.

Costs for Crosswood Oaks

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Crosswood Oaks

Tucked away in a quiet Sacramento County neighborhood surrounded by beautiful parks rests Crosswood Oaks, an independent living community. Studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments are offered, each with full-size kitchen appliances, custom kitchen cabinets, private wheelchair-accessible bathrooms, individual climate control, and walk-in closets. There is an emergency call system and patio or balcony in each private living space, and all major utilities are paid. The property is pet-friendly, and overnight guests are welcome.

This independent living residence provides housekeeping and linen services, a lively social and recreational calendar, 24-hour staffing, scheduled transportation, and meal preparation and service. Medication management, additional cleaning services, escort and transfer assistance, and assistance with showering can be contracted through private parties by the residence. This independent living facility features an on-site walking path, a library, landscaped courtyard and grounds, a computer room, a big-screen television lounge, a billiards and game room, a beauty and barber shop, laundry facilities, a guest room, daily newspaper delivery, and church services.

The property has a 1.2-mile circular walking path to stroll, and has benches near the Arcade Creek, to enjoy local wildlife like rabbits, ducks, squirrels, and wild turkeys. This independent living community is located near Crosswoods Park, Sylvan Oaks Library, and an assortment of restaurants, churches, and stores. Mercy San Juan Medical Center is close at hand in case of emergency. Resident outings for museums, shopping, dining, or gambling are made to San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe, and each month residents have a three-hour shopping spree to Sunrise Mall. Crosswood Oaks provides a safe, vibrant community for active seniors who want the convenience of a maintenance-free lifestyle.

Map of Crosswood Oaks