Crosswood Oaks

Reviews of Crosswood Oaks

Independent Living Reviews for Crosswood Oaks

August 21, 2017

By Rebecca

I will be moving into Crosswood Oaks this weekend. I went with my girlfriend because she lives a mile and a half away and we were very impressed. Everybody was very nice and they invited us to stay for lunch. We saw the units that they had available. I liked the coloring inside the building. It was very comfortable. There's no ceiling fan in the living room, so they offered to bring one in for me and I just felt like they went above and beyond. I was disappointed there was no carport, but the other things all seemed to work out. I don't really need a carport; I'll probably just cover my car. There were lots of parking available. I liked it from the beginning and then after I saw the place and after talking to the staff, I was even more convinced. It seemed more like home to me and it just felt so comfortable. Everyone was very nice.

March 23, 2017

By IB341312

My dad moved to Crosswood Oaks because one good old time friend was there. The staff was friendly, and they contract out separately to do additional care for him. They have games, music, movies, and outings.

March 07, 2017

By Martin652757

I had a very good experience with Crosswood Oaks when I visited the community. The staff has been very nice, and the pace seemed very clean. If I am going to select one, this place would be high on my list. Their rooms have a nice little kitchen in them.

January 06, 2017

By Dorothy114043

Crosswood Oaks was fine and in a nice location. The rooms were a little small, but the staff was great. We went for lunch, and the food was delicious. They had crafts.

January 05, 2017

By Mari Lee

I have been to Crosswood Oaks a couple of times. I was going to take a room there and give them a deposit, but the problem is the parking. They have assigned parking for the residents, which is good, but anybody who wants to visit, say my son who lives out of town, has to park on the street. The rooms are large, and I really like them. The people are very pleasant. It is an older establishment, but that doesn't mean anything. It was a comfortable place. You cannot take your pets in the main building. The staff was very responsive, but the waitress that waited on me wasn't the friendliest person in the world. The food was really good.

September 30, 2016

By Cheri201151

Crosswood Oaks is off the road a little bit more, and they have a lot of wildlife over there. They have pheasants, bunnies, squirrels, and ducks. Right down to the property is a park and the Sylvan Oaks Library. The residents are allowed to go out and can go whenever they want to, but they have to sign out. They have an exercise room. If they want even more exercise, they're right across the street from 24 Hour Fitness. They had a storage locker, too, for the residents. The rooms are well maintained and spacious enough. They don’t have as many decorations, but I think they’re going to be revamping that.

August 16, 2016

By sissyt

We just placed my father in-law in a one bedroom apartment at Crossword Oaks this summer. It was a difficult across country move and the folks at the facility really accommodated the process. We were impressed with the folks and the setup of the facility. So far my father-in-law is enjoying his apartment, dining set-up and is meeting other veterans like himself. It eases my mind that there is Home health office there, and they have an aging in place program that will provide services to meet his needs as they occur.

July 10, 2016

By Mary146851

I'm living in Crosswood Oaks. It's very friendly. There are places to walk and a book club. The staff is helpful. They serve lunch and dinner, and you're pretty much on your own during breakfast. They have a bus, and you can arrange to use it up to seven miles away. It's really green, and they have animals outside that you can watch.

May 10, 2016

By Loving DaugherTJXDY

Crosswood Oaks was very nice, sunshiny, and bright, and the amenities were not brand new but in really good condition. They had storage units, pull cords, and a large vanity in the bathroom. Most of the time in other places, I’ve seen just a sink and a little ledge around the sink to put powders, lotions, or soap; this one had a larger vanity, so that was nice, and walk-in showers. It had a balcony or a patio whether you’re downstairs or upstairs, and also a bus for transportations. The staff was very friendly. They served lunch and dinner, and they also checked on the resident if that person doesn’t show up for a meal. The reason I didn’t choose this one, even though I really liked it, is because we just couldn’t afford it.

February 26, 2016

By Caring Daughter120146450

My mother-in-law was placed at Crosswood Oaks for six months. It was close to my home, which was a plus, and allowed the family to come in and spend the night when residents are sick. Instead of having to put my mother-in-law in a full assisted living facility, it was a lot easier to keep her there. They also had a nurse on staff that would come and check on my mother-in-law every hour and bring her meals. The facility was very nice and had a country setting with turkeys and rabbits running around the place. My mother-in-law got attached to the rabbits and would feed them every day. They also had a beauty parlor. What attracted me most was that it didn’t feel like a hospital. It had more of a homey, welcoming feeling to it, so I really liked that. At first, the food was really good, but then they changed the cook toward the end, so it started to taste different. My mother-in-law wasn’t eating toward the end anyway, but they did have a menu and specials. If you didn’t want what they were serving, you could always have a hamburger, chicken nuggets, chicken pot pies, scrambled eggs, or grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn’t the most expensive place, but it wasn’t the cheapest place either. I thought the rates were reasonable. She had a bedroom and a living room with a kitchenette. They did the cleaning for her once a week, and there was a laundry facility right there. The staff was wonderful. I never had a problem with them. If I called or needed something, they were always there to help me. If my mother-in-law needed something, they always were there to help her, too.

September 29, 2015

By Scott29

My mom and dad are at Crosswood Oaks. The facility is really good. They offer a lot of services for the monthly fee more than anybody else really did. Everybody was very helpful. They love the food. They have a one bedroom apartment, but it’s roomy enough for what they have. It has a really good walk-in closet which they enjoyed. They do bingo there, and they also have an exercise room. They have a shopping day, and they take them to doctor's appointment.

June 25, 2015

Our grandma is in Crosswood Oaks. We are really happy with it. It is a great facility. They have all the accommodations that she needs. They make lunch and early dinner for the residents, and they have different trips that the residents can take. They have a calendar with a lot of activities, so they are very active. The staff is great, and the facility is clean. It is definitely a place I would recommend. It has lots of trees. There are bunnies running around the meadow area and turkeys gobbling all over the place. They have a really beautiful serene atmosphere.

Photos of Crosswood Oaks

Services and Amenities of Crosswood Oaks

About Crosswood Oaks

Picture yourself enjoying the carefree, independent lifestyle you desire in a private community nestled amongst majestic California Oaks. Established in 1976, Crosswood Oaks in Citrus Heights, CA, blends nature with refinement throughout. In the lobby, intimate conversation areas are tucked beside a cozy fireplace. The wall of windows, soaring high to allow natural light to filter in, enhance the massive ceiling beams. The loft above is a favorite gathering spot of our residents. At Crosswood Oaks you'll find time to do the things you've always wanted to do, because we take care of the details.

Our spacious apartments are rented on a monthly basis, with no initial investment other than a cleaning/security deposit. Your monthly fee covers 24 hour staffing for peace of mind, country-club style dining, housekeeping services, transportation and a full program of recreational opportunities.

With such thoughtful conveniences provided, you can take full advantage of the many amenities at Crosswood Oaks.

Map of Crosswood Oaks