The Oakmont

Reviews of The Oakmont

Independent Living Reviews for The Oakmont

March 21, 2018

By BB

We visited The Oakmont and ate there; the food was fine. They had decent-sized studio units, and it seemed like the right place even though they're understaffed during the weekends. We almost signed a lease, but we were told many things by many people, so there was no consistency. One person said that they call the fire department to help you up if you fall, and another one said that they help people up themselves. The person who gave the tour was very sweet, helpful and did the best to her ability, but she was the only one at the front desk at that time.

October 10, 2017

By Verne

The Oakmont is a good place. My brother is really happy there because he's well-involved with the people and with the different things they're doing around the community. It's just that it's pricey and it's hard to keep up when you're on a fixed income. He plays Bingo a couple of nights a week, and he does happy hour at the bar on a weekly basis. There are things he can do that keeps him busy. Everybody knows everyone else and they know they're safe. They appreciate that my brother goes around and checks the doors before he retires to his room, they're happy that they feel secure. They also have good food.

January 16, 2017

By Bruce864430

My sister-in-law is in The Oakmont. So far, everything seems to be working really well. Their cost is within the budget. They have a lot of activities and social things, and they help her with medication. Her health is declining and memory is fading, and the staff is helping her with that, too.

August 21, 2015

I visited The Oakmont, but it was not the place what I was looking for. The rooms were too small for me. Also, the age range was older than I was anticipating. The facility was overall OK. I think they need to have a little more space and more activities.

August 07, 2014

By Caring82520950

I lived in Oakmont for three weeks now. They have cards and movies and a walking group and they have Tai-chi. The staff put me in touch with people to talk to. I find the place confining and they have flies every way. They have an interesting way of handling people in between, they have a group that reports here and is available when you need them, so that is really nice. One of the managers is into medical areas of interest so she’s pretty easy to talk to.

September 30, 2011

By saraianne

Some of the dialogue overheard by the younger staff was not workplace appropriate, but otherwise the facility was great. The staff treated the residents with respect and for those with special needs, the necessary care was given with no hesitance or negative demeanor by the attendees at al. The food dining selection was very nutritious and fresh, leaving me with a positive influence in regards to an aunt who wanted me to help in her final decision. There is a fun selection of activities and the current residents are happy and in good cheer. Clean, bright and spacious on the inside, the outside of the facility was also very maintained with fresh kept trees and flowers.. For family and friends wanting to visit, the location is easy to access, tucked back away from the main street and the hustle and bustle; yet, within very close walking distance to the movie theater and a little shopping center.

September 10, 2011

By peteythepirate9

This assisted living facility was very clean and well maintained. There were limited grounds to walk around and many delicious and healthy options for dining. The staff was friendly, they greeted me the minute I walked in the door and answered all my questions. They were very helpful and there were enough staff members to be efficient and provide a safe environment for residents. Rooms were spacious and temperature controlled for residents with sensitivity to room temperature. I asked about what kind of activities were offered and was provided with several options including a Christmas party and Bingo. It didn't seem as dreary as other places do which was nice. I think all in all it was a pretty good visit to a lovely assisted living facility.

Questions about The Oakmont

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Oakmont. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does The Oakmont offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Oakmont exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does The Oakmont offer to independent living residents?

If The Oakmont accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does The Oakmont work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for The Oakmont

Photos of The Oakmont

Services and Amenities of The Oakmont

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Oakmont

The Oakmont is located in Chico, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Oakmont for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Oakmont