Brookdale Carlsbad

Reviews of Brookdale Carlsbad

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Carlsbad

November 30, 2015

By Bonnie117044850

Brooksdale Carlsbad was nice. It wasn't where I took my parents to; I just went and visited myself. The staff was nice. It was too much like some of the other places I've been to, so I didn't go back. My dad doesn’t walk very well, and I didn't want to wear them out, so I tried to pick a variety of places. It was a nice place. I didn't eat there, but I looked at their dining area, and it looked nice.

September 20, 2015

By NotImpressedVisitor

Brookdale Carlsbad looked good and neat. The staff was helpful; he showed me around. I wasn’t really impressed.

August 21, 2015

They are taking really good care of my mom. Brookdale Carlsbad is great. I really like it, and my mom likes it there.

January 12, 2015

By Glenda12

The staff is very nice, and they showed me around. Emeritus at Carlsbad is a very nice facility. The room was very nice, and they have a nice garden to walk around. The dining area was a good size. They have an activity board that lists something going on every day. The place is secured.

October 16, 2014

By caring010522

We had my mother at Emeritus, which is nearby. I could walk there from where I live. It was good, but the staff wasn’t so trained. I liked the food and they had a very good atmosphere for people. They also had activities. My siblings had trouble with it, but I was the one that goes every day. I thought they were doing a good job but the staff changed a lot. They underwent new management and changed, and that made it difficult.

August 30, 2014

Emeritus at Carlsbad is a little more upscale. Its location is closer to the beach, quite fancy and pricey as well. The staff was very nice and very friendly. They seemed to know their residents by name. We were looking for some place that is cat-friendly, but they didn’t say that they accept cats. They only had one dog on the whole premises.

August 27, 2014

Dad is already in a facility. He's in Emeritus. We chose it because it's in the same town where he lives and it's near my sister who's caring for him. We also found that it was the same price as all the rest of the places we checked out. He likes the food, which is unusual because when we take him out to eat, he usually doesn't like it. The staff is very, very friendly and they always call him by his name. Everyone is always smiling and they're very cooperative with the family when we need to pick him up or bring him back. He doesn't spend much time in his room. His room is close to the common room where they all gather together. I think the interesting thing is he was an electrical engineer and his room is where they have a wall in big, red letters that says electrical for their electrical closet, I suppose, so when he sees the word electrical, he knows that's his turn. They go on a weekly bus tour and they can play Bingo or some games. They have the TV, but he doesn't watch the TV very much. He is allowed to go to the assisted living side for meals if he wants to and also for their entertainment. He's higher functioning than most of the people there.

August 14, 2014

By Caring82001

I have visited Emeritus at Carlsbad as I was looking for my wife’s uncle. I like the location, I thought it was nice and clean. The staff was courteous and the facility kept up. They have a kitchenette. The room was the right size. There was no problem. I would recommend the location.

June 26, 2014

By Donna86837550

Everything looked nice and clean in Emeritus. They were very pleasant. They had nice rooms, and it wasn't dark. I just looked at the rooms and talked to them about finances. It was very nice.

June 17, 2014

By Gudrun4743

Emeritus at Carlsbad was a newer facility. The staff there was pretty nice. It seemed to be the most affordable of the ones I have visited. They have small rooms and a lot of studio place. They also have a nice outside garden area inside the compound, which is important in our case. My husband is very much an outside person. I looked at the lunch menu that they offered, and it was OK. It looked all right, but they were not gourmet. They give you a choice, although not a very large choice.

October 30, 2013

By Marcelle1

I had made two visits at Emeritus at Carlsbad because that is probably the one that we will be moving my mother in. We were looking at a studio apartment and we were very pleased with their setup. We were also impressed with the things that the facility offered. We also chose this facility because of its location as it is near to my house.

September 19, 2013

By Dorothy25

One of my girlfriends lives in Emeritus at Carlbad. I like this place. They're all good. They have about the same activities as any other facility offers. They have trips all the time for people living there. They also have concerts. I like that place. I would recommend it.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brookdale Carlsbad

May 31, 2012

By studio595

First off, I felt as though the staff was very friendly and kind. They helped me navigate the facility and gave me access to a common room where I could easily interview my friend's grandfather. Secondly, the facilities were very modern and updated with various newer generation computers and health care equipment. Although some of the building did look tired and some of the furniture had seen better days, it was a relatively spotless facility. The one negative comment I have to say is that the various posted placards around the facility were quite confusing and it was hard to navigate. I had to find a nurse and have them guide me to the room where I was supposed to meet my interviewee. And on one more negative note, the walls were slightly scuffed in some areas and could do to have some paint applied to them. However, these are my only negative comments. Besides this, I was relatively pleased with the condition of the facility.

Photos of Brookdale Carlsbad

• Date Certified: 07/01/2018

• Licenses: License #AL374603618/License #SNF080000627/PCOA #238

About Brookdale Carlsbad

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Carlsbad