Harvest Retirement

Reviews of Harvest Retirement

Assisted Living Reviews for Harvest Retirement

September 10, 2016

By Brenda807623

A gentleman showed me around Harvest Retirement (formerly Knott Avenue Residential Manor), and the place was amazing. They were having some remodelling going on. I really like that the showed me everything and gave me a complete walkthrough. He showed me the rooms, and I was able to observe the residents. It really was not a bad place. They had a good staff, and everybody was working hard. The place also felt upbeat.

July 27, 2016

By Mike387867

We ended up going with a place called Knott Manor. Everything was good about it. We weren’t there very long. The staff was very friendly and very attentive to needs and interaction. I have nothing negative to say about the place at all. The room that my grandfather was in was brand new. He liked the food. There was a good variety and specials once a week. There were a lot of people that played bingo, and someone who came in and sang and played music.

December 04, 2014

By Shari8

Knott Avenue was very nice, and we were very pleased with it. The lady who is in-charge of it has been there for 18 years, and she is very loving. The love that she emanates through her staff emanates to the patient. It was very impressive. She would walk down the hall, she knew everybody’s name, and she spoke to everybody and everybody lit up when she spoke to them. It was just a wonderful atmosphere. We were very pleased. It was very good; the building is old, but it’s very clean. It was the atmosphere I loved; that was really outstanding. My mother didn’t like the room for a number of years, but she didn’t complain about at all; as a matter fact, she said she likes a couple of them. I was very pleased with that. The relationship was very open. I was welcome to come every time, and when there is a problem they responded very quickly. She was not very social because she couldn’t hear so she did not try to make friends, but the staff just went overboard trying to make friends for her. When I was in the office signing her up, the lady in-charge was sitting and called the lady in to meet me because she thought that my mother would like this lady, and this lady was very warm and very friendly. Another example, from the very beginning they took mother out and placed her with other people, and they insisted that she play bingo. She really didn’t want to play bingo, but they insisted that she do that, and one of the staff members playing bingo at one small table really emphasized friendship, and I really appreciate it.

Costs for Harvest Retirement

• Multiple Sclerosis Program
  • Physician Services - Medical Director
  • Pharmacy Consultation, Medical Administration
  • Chef, Professional Dietitian for Special Needs
  • Assistance by trained, caring, nurturing professionals
  • Social Activity Programs Including: Music, Exercise, Movies and Parties
  • Theme Dinners, Shopping, Special Events, Day Trips, Restaurant Outings, Devotionals and Transportation
  • Monthly Newsletter
  • Beauty/Barber Salon available to residents at a nominal charge

Harvest Retirement provides home-style living, we are focused on Care. Interior of the community has been renovated. Staff longevity especially in Memory Care, our staff is highly trained and attentive. There are only 26 residents in Memory care. Security cameras and monitors for the safety of our residents. The food is terrific and we have great variety. We have two outstanding activity directors. We have not renovated the exterior of the community so you better come in because our community has personality!

Map of Harvest Retirement