Cortona Park

150 Cortona Way, Brentwood, CA 94513
Cortona Park (800) 385-2527
Important COVID-19 Information Last updated: 3/26

For the safety of our residents, we are only conducting Virtual Tours. For over 40 years, Brookdale has been helping older adults live better, and we want to help you too! Please give us a call to discuss your needs and we'll create a virtual visit.

Reviews of Cortona Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Cortona Park

November 04, 2015

By Arturo1

I was impressed with the people at Cortona Park. The place was very nice and pretty. A lot of people from where I live moved there. It's close to where we live and the restaurants and stores we know. It's like you're still living in the area with all the facilities you are used to, so it's very convenient. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and very thorough in the description of the facility.

October 27, 2015

I’d definitely recommend Cortona Park. It was modern, open and airy. The atmosphere was very upbeat and lively with activities and entertainment. We went to their cocktail and caviar party. The food was very good, the rooms were extremely nice, and the staff was very nice and accommodating. I like the place very much. I’d move in there, but I can’t afford it.

August 31, 2015

By Pat112328050

I visited Cortona Par. They were very pleasant. They answered all my questions. It was a nice, clean place. It was just a little more expensive than what I am able to pay. They had a library. They seemed to be very caring.

June 28, 2015

By James108502650

My mother lives at Cortona Park. She has been there for two years. From my interactions when I visited there, the staff all seem competent and friendly. They are good. There are different floor plans depending upon the need. My mom has a two-bedroom place, and it is more than adequate from a space perspective. When I have eaten there, the dining was fine. I was there one New Year's Eve, and there was a nice New Year's Eve celebration. It was good, and I think it was enjoyed by the residents, so there are special activities and trips to the local casinos, and I know a number of residents participated in them.

April 07, 2015

I was very impressed with Cortona Park. It had washers and dryers right in the living unit. I was also extremely impressed with their business manager who took time out to do all these activities. They have an awful lot of things for people to do. They have a lovely library, and it seemed a lot of people spend time in this library. I also liked that 26% of the people there were Catholic. The surroundings were very clean, and this is a newer building. It was well-kept. They invited us for lunch, and the food was very good. They also had a brochure of activities. They will even take you shopping once a week. They have bridge, playing cards, and exercise classes. It was a very friendly place. It was a place where people were involved with other people. I wanted them to expand and offer a place for people who are dying.

March 16, 2015

By Adel1

I checked Cortona Park, and it is a very nice facility as well. The good thing about it is that it’s very close to where we live right now. It’s a huge facility, it's very clean, and the lobby was impressive. We only had contact with the marketing person; she seems nice, and she was able to let us know what to expect. The dining room is set up nicely, but the rates on the rooms would be expensive for my husband and I.

January 15, 2015

By Laura100243150

The staff of Cortona Park was very gracious. The eating hall was lovely. It looked like a cruise ship where everybody was all set up, and they were all smiling at little tables. I remember there was transportation, but I wasn't much into the amenities as opposed to just trying to see how much for what price and if mom needed extra help bathing and that kind of stuff, if that was available, if there was an increase in needs, and if that could be accommodated. They did have a schedule of what was going on. I did not pay attention to that, but it was posted on the front lobby. It seemed very upscale. It was brand new and sparkling clean. It was a really nice facility -- five stories high -- and they have balconies. It was fancy. It is very convenient. Right across are some medical suites, and then right down the road is another set of medical suites, so those two things are close by.

August 30, 2014

Cortona Park looked wonderful; it was clean and well-kept. The staff was nice, helpful, and showed us around. There were a lot of things for people to do. They have those activities posted. They had a line-up of food which looked good, but I did not eat there. It was the most expensive place also.

June 19, 2014

I visited Cortona Park, and what is important to me is that their food is OK. I also like the facility because it has stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer in the room. The staff are wonderful. The rooms were very nice and open. It has good lighting.

August 01, 2013

By Mary65197550

We chose Cortona Park for my mom because of its location and some of the services that they provided and the availability. The staff seemed very helpful and very pleasant. They answered questions quite clearly. The place is very nice. All of the public areas are very well decorated and kept up very well. She has housecleaning that comes into her apartment. The landscaping outside is done very well. We have not eaten there ourselves but my mother thinks that the selection is acceptable.

December 03, 2012

By EZE5688

Overall, this was a great place for what we were looking for. My grandmother really liked everything that they had to offer. We interacted with the staff and all of them were very nice. One of the things that my grandmother most liked, was the food that was being made while we were there. My grandmother loves to eat good food and was really impressed with what they had to offer. I believe that they everything they had was running very smooth. We did not end up this place because of the price. Everything that they had to off was very good and top of the line, but it was out of our price range. There are some things that you cannot account for and that is the cost of everything. My grandmother was not a wealthy person so we were the ones that were going to have to pay for everything that it was just too much.

December 12, 2011

By bruce919

As the other review state this is a beatiful facility. However it stops there. Some of the staff are good but the management is not. It seems management haas a problem of returning phone calls, Augustine. There are all kinds of hidden cost that kept showing up on my mothers bill that we thought was part of the package. They were suppose to be giving her her medications, they continually had to be called by my mother to come and bring me my medicine. If you loved one gets sick don't expect Cortona to take care of them or call you. My mother upon our visit was found that she had not eaten in 2 days, had voimted on herself in bed and soiled herself. They were being paid extra to check on her. They couldn't call? I would not send anyone to live here. This is a large corporation that just wants your money.

July 06, 2011

By Q1

Other

This area is very nice and very suburban. The closest grocery store is about 2 miles away, but the location is very beautiful. They do have walking paths, plus a small garden in front of the facility that's not along the pathways. The landscaping is immaculate. The common areas are beautiful. They have a swimming pool, a ping pong table, pool table, a library with puzzles and Internet access, plus a large-screen theater with theater seats. They have a formal dining room, plus a washer and dryer in each room, and each room has a full kitchen. The food was delicious. I had a small entrée. It was dinnertime, and all of the residents in line said the food was great, and that if you didn't like what was on the menu, they'd make you something else. The residents' rooms are very big in comparison to other places. The two-bedrooms go all the way up to 1098 square feet. The largest two-bedroom they had was 1395 square feet. The rooms have private balcony with a view. The utilities and housekeeping is included here. The staff here is very kind. The caregivers are very attentive to the residents. You can see them walking the residents and getting involved in their activities. They all seem very patient.

Questions about Cortona Park

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Cortona Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our community is a vibrant collection of all ages ranging from 65 and older with the average age between 80-90 yrs old. Our residents are active and engaged in a variety of social programs ranging from Zumba, Water Aerobics, Brainfit, Technology classes, Health Talks, Live entertainment and opportunities to uncover the power of positive aging.

What programs or activities does Cortona Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale Cortona Park is dedicated to learning and understanding each individual's interests and desires. From there, our Residents Programs associates customize opportunities: Fitness B-fit (sittercise, zumba, yoga) Ageless Spirit-the power of positive aging, Optimum Life Health talks, Bridge, Board Games, Happy Hour with Live entertainment, Movie Theater, Swimming Pool.

What places are near Cortona Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Walgreens, restaurants, nail and hair salons, dry cleaners, bank, Dr's Office, Urgent Care, Dentists, Optometry, Dermatalogy and so much more!

What transportation services does Cortona Park offer to assisted living residents?

Brookdale Cortona Park offers transportation Monday thru Thursday and Sunday (Church and Shopping) 10-mile radius of the community. Brookdale also has partnered with Lyft to accommodate outside of the service we offer. Our staffing can assist with this arrangement.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cortona Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Anytime dining, Excellent Service, Quality Meals, made from scratch, garnish program, signature seasonings, Fresh Approach, Optimum Life Menu, Menu Manager, Requests and Suggestions, Food Committee and Menu Chat

What safety features or security measures does Cortona Park offer to assisted living residents?

Awake staffing 24/7

How does Cortona Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Via phone calls, email and regular mailers.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Cortona Park during daytime and nighttime hours?

There is no set ratio it is dependent on care and needs of clientele.

If Cortona Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Indoor--each apartment has their own balcony or patio, Outdoor--there is a wonderful walking path with grass and Doggie bags.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Required state and Brookdale training—lifting, showering, dressing, med training, first aid, fall management program, skin integrity program, Collaborative Care,

What safety features or security measures does Cortona Park provide to protect residents who wander?

N/A

• Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: RCFE

About Cortona Park

Cortona Park provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Theater, pool, walk to doctors, restaurants, local golf, all apartments with washer/dryer, full kitchen, balconies or patios.

Map of Cortona Park