Columbus Estates

Offers Independent Living

3201 Columbus St, Bakersfield, CA 93306
Columbus Estates (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Columbus Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Columbus Estates

October 27, 2016

By Aimee167537

Columbus Estates was clean and inviting. There was a lot of activities going on like plenty of movies and games. They were very helpful and answered all my questions. The dining area was very big and clean.

September 29, 2015

By Karen113255350

For the most part, the people do not care about the food at Columbus Estates. They complain a lot about it. They have all sorts of entertainment. They have events where you can have your grandkids and kids join you. They always have something going on. I am really pleased with them overall. My mom is in a studio apartment. The only frustration I have is sometimes when I ask for things to be done; they are not quick to do them. They keep her apartment clean. I have never walked in there, and smelled anything bad. I think it is a great place. I think they do a good job. The only complaint of the people could be the food. They have a lot of activities for the people, and the management is really thoughtful and encouraging. They have an exercise room.

June 29, 2015

By Jerry49

The facility and the staff were very nice. They were helpful and toured me all around. The rooms seemed adequate, clean, and up-to-date. Their dining room was set up well. They had a variety of activities, and the residents I spoke to enjoyed them. My mother is still driving, and Columbus Estates is on a little hilly area which has a nice view, but she would have a tough time walking to her car, which was down from the entrance. If she was able to walk pretty well, it wouldn't be a problem, but for her, she has to do it on a walker going downhill. The staff and others could help her, but doing it by herself would be unsafe.

September 12, 2014

By W. Johnson

My mom has only been in Columbus Estates a little while, and the people have been very good and friendly so far. What I’ve seen so far I would recommend. All the residents are friendly and very happy there, so I think we made a good choice. I’ve eaten there twice -- very good food. She has played bingo, and they play older music records or CDs. They have lot of activities for seniors, and we’re very happy so far. The family can stay with my mom, and another thing is, whatever care you need you can get it. It’s independent living, but if you need bathing or somebody to help with getting out of bed they can provide it. You don’t have to go into assisted living if you don’t need total assisted living.

June 30, 2014

By Alesha1

I did go to Columbus Estates and this is a really nice facility; very clean, and really elegant. The staff treats you really nice. It’s very sophisticated. Everything in it is immaculate, elegant, and very nice.

December 22, 2013

By John80741750

This is a first rate facility. Everything I saw was excellent---from the individual rooms, to the dining room, to the auxiliary and support services; all was of the highest quality. A resort atmosphere prevailed; the residents were happy, active and friendly; interacting with visitors and staff in a relaxed, gregarious manner. Every amenity is furnished at a very reasonable price. I researched in behalf of a friend, but when the time comes, I would be very comfortable living here.

November 20, 2013

By Peggy22

Columbus Estates has a hill and I'm a little afraid of going up there. I got my own vehicle but I'm usually a walker. So if it rains, I have to walk up that steep hill and that's not safe for me.

Hi Peggy, we completely understand that a hill could cause some concern. We appreciate you considering us in your search for senior living!

October 16, 2013

I have my friend placed in Columbus Estates. It is our choice because it's good price, it's very nice looking and it's close to my home. The facility itself is very well-maintained. The staff there is very nice. They're very professional. My friend moved in around the middle of August. We included add-on services for more care for her so that she has what she needs. She also has a nice full apartment. I would recommend this place to others. The food was great the week I took her there to visit; however, on the second week of her stay, the food has been gross. She eats it but it is not very appetizing. They're trying to make it senior-friendly, so it's really soft and it's like overcooked actually. They could improve on their food.

Costs for Columbus Estates

Photos of Columbus Estates

Services and Amenities of Columbus Estates

• Independent Living Starting At: $1969/month

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Columbus Estates

Columbus Estates is located in Bakersfield, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Columbus Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Columbus Estates