Columbus Estates

Reviews of Columbus Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Columbus Estates

March 22, 2021

By Dee

We moved into a Holiday Residence called Columbus Estates. The management is terrific, and the food is wonderful. It is just great. The management has hired the correct help, and they're friendly and helpful. I don't have anything bad to say about them. We are in a two-bedroom-two-bath, and it's a single unit set away from the main house. We have a fireplace, a complete kitchen, a garage space, and a patio. It's wonderful; it really is nice. They have a bus that takes us anywhere we want to go. Within four blocks there is a gas station, a big doctor's office, a Walmart, and an Albertson's, so we are in a good area. My husband and I are very lucky we found this, and it's really heaven after you visit some of these other depressing places. It's not as modern as the new ones, but it's immaculate, it's well kept, and it's got mature landscaping, too. We have had our shots. We came from a different area, but they're just starting their shots, so we're pretty much on lockdown right now.

December 24, 2020

By Laura

We went to Columbus Estates. It was OK, they showed us the place, and gave us the amount of money. There was just one thing that I don't understand. It was for $2400, but you had to bring your own TV. Other than that it was a very nice place, I would recommend that to somebody if they had the money that could afford it. The staff was very nice and helpful. I saw the room, it's nice, there were cabinets right there, a decent size bathroom, and the one room is a pretty nice size. It's clean.

September 15, 2020

By Marilyn

The care that Columbus Estates provides to my mother-in-law is excellent and the staff is excellent. The food is not very good, probably because of the situation right now. They are doing puzzles, and they do door-to-door little paper activities that they can play and participate in. Her apartment is spacious and has a kitchenette but no stove, just a sink and refrigerator.

June 06, 2019

By M.R.

I wasn’t impressed with Columbus Estates, there was an odor when I went in, and the furniture showed a lot of wear. It was up against a hill, Columbus is a busy street, it was right overhead, and I didn’t care too much for that. It was like a hotel overlooking the next building over. The outside building looked nice and clean, but I was disappointed when I went inside. The rooms were small, they weren’t dirty, but they weren’t well maintained. The dining area was like a restaurant that could accommodate quite a few people, and they had a small area with exercise equipment. I had difficulty walking, and in that area, I don’t think I would be able to walk up to the parking area.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We regret to hear that you were not pleased when you visited our community. Please do reach back out if circumstances in the future change and all-inclusive senior living is right for you! Our team would be happy to work with you. Thank you

March 18, 2019

By Margaret

Columbus Estates was clean, well cared for, and there seemed to be plenty of staff on hand. The lady who showed me around was knowledgeable, very courteous without prying, and assured me that there was something within my range and I could afford it. The dining area was generous in size. I was invited to their Mardi Gras celebration and several other things. They offered the possibility of being able to bring part of my library, my keyboard and my computer. It had two bedrooms and two full baths. I was very pleased with what I saw and I felt very comfortable. The staff was very gracious, answered all my questions, showed me everything she thought might interest me, tried very hard to please me, and arranged for takeout lunch for me since I'm a vegetarian. It's one of the best and one of the most reasonable in Bakersfield.

Hi Margaret, thank you for stopping by and letting us show you our beautiful community. We provide engaging activities, delicious meals, and comfortable accommodations for a fair price! We hope you come by and see again soon.

October 18, 2018

By Mary

I toured Columbus Estates. It was very nice. I liked the people, but it is not a new development. The rooms were nice. I think the tour guide was special. I liked this place a lot mainly because it is warm and friendly. I had lunch, and it was very nice. Everybody there was friendly. The food was great. You can get what you want. I can't say enough about this community. They have an activity center. They have a variety of activities to pick from. I was there during the lunch break and there was nothing going on necessarily. They have a salon for hair and that was nice for people who have the inability to raise their arms, which is my problem. I like the fact that they have a salon.

January 17, 2018

By Dorenda

Columbus Estates was nice. The people there were very inviting. One girl keeps calling me back making sure everything's alright. It was really nice compared to the other ones that I have seen. They take the residents out for day activities, and they were doing Bingo the night that I got there. They have a little board with the itinerary on it, so they have a lot scheduled for the people that live there. The residents seem happy and real cheery. For a 1-bedroom, even a studio, you could fit a pretty good sized bed in there plus a furniture, a TV, or whatever. They also have a cafeteria which looks more like a restaurant.

July 17, 2017

By Visitor

Columbus Estates had a recreation room where they had all kinds of things to do and see. The rooms had a patio door, which went out to a lawn, which was something I wanted. There was only one bedroom, which was terribly small, but it was clean and neat. They have a small but workable kitchen, and they have a full size refrigerator. I'm looking for something smaller, but not that small, because I do a lot of crafts. They have a lot of things to do there, like dances and live music. I was impressed with the social life and the proximity to shopping.

November 17, 2016

By Deborah838601

Columbus Estates was older, but it was a nice facility. The people were friendly, and there were activities going on. They have a library, but it's not as big, and they have card games. They have a girl that comes in and does hair, and that was nice. The dining area was not as new, but it was nice.

October 27, 2016

By Aimee167537

Columbus Estates was clean and inviting. There was a lot of activities going on like plenty of movies and games. They were very helpful and answered all my questions. The dining area was very big and clean.

September 29, 2015

By Karen113255350

For the most part, the people do not care about the food at Columbus Estates. They complain a lot about it. They have all sorts of entertainment. They have events where you can have your grandkids and kids join you. They always have something going on. I am really pleased with them overall. My mom is in a studio apartment. The only frustration I have is sometimes when I ask for things to be done; they are not quick to do them. They keep her apartment clean. I have never walked in there, and smelled anything bad. I think it is a great place. I think they do a good job. The only complaint of the people could be the food. They have a lot of activities for the people, and the management is really thoughtful and encouraging. They have an exercise room.

June 29, 2015

By Jerry49

The facility and the staff were very nice. They were helpful and toured me all around. The rooms seemed adequate, clean, and up-to-date. Their dining room was set up well. They had a variety of activities, and the residents I spoke to enjoyed them. My mother is still driving, and Columbus Estates is on a little hilly area which has a nice view, but she would have a tough time walking to her car, which was down from the entrance. If she was able to walk pretty well, it wouldn't be a problem, but for her, she has to do it on a walker going downhill. The staff and others could help her, but doing it by herself would be unsafe.

September 12, 2014

By W. Johnson

My mom has only been in Columbus Estates a little while, and the people have been very good and friendly so far. What I’ve seen so far I would recommend. All the residents are friendly and very happy there, so I think we made a good choice. I’ve eaten there twice -- very good food. She has played bingo, and they play older music records or CDs. They have lot of activities for seniors, and we’re very happy so far. The family can stay with my mom, and another thing is, whatever care you need you can get it. It’s independent living, but if you need bathing or somebody to help with getting out of bed they can provide it. You don’t have to go into assisted living if you don’t need total assisted living.

June 30, 2014

By Alesha1

I did go to Columbus Estates and this is a really nice facility; very clean, and really elegant. The staff treats you really nice. It’s very sophisticated. Everything in it is immaculate, elegant, and very nice.

December 22, 2013

By John80741750

This is a first rate facility. Everything I saw was excellent---from the individual rooms, to the dining room, to the auxiliary and support services; all was of the highest quality. A resort atmosphere prevailed; the residents were happy, active and friendly; interacting with visitors and staff in a relaxed, gregarious manner. Every amenity is furnished at a very reasonable price. I researched in behalf of a friend, but when the time comes, I would be very comfortable living here.

November 20, 2013

By Peggy22

Columbus Estates has a hill and I'm a little afraid of going up there. I got my own vehicle but I'm usually a walker. So if it rains, I have to walk up that steep hill and that's not safe for me.

Hi Peggy, we completely understand that a hill could cause some concern. We appreciate you considering us in your search for senior living!

October 16, 2013

I have my friend placed in Columbus Estates. It is our choice because it's good price, it's very nice looking and it's close to my home. The facility itself is very well-maintained. The staff there is very nice. They're very professional. My friend moved in around the middle of August. We included add-on services for more care for her so that she has what she needs. She also has a nice full apartment. I would recommend this place to others. The food was great the week I took her there to visit; however, on the second week of her stay, the food has been gross. She eats it but it is not very appetizing. They're trying to make it senior-friendly, so it's really soft and it's like overcooked actually. They could improve on their food.

Questions about Columbus Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Columbus Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Columbus Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Columbus Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Columbus Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Columbus Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Columbus Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Columbus Estates

Photos of Columbus Estates

Services and Amenities of Columbus Estates

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Columbus Estates

Columbus Estates is located in Bakersfield, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Columbus Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Columbus Estates