Arbor Palms of Anaheim

Reviews of Arbor Palms of Anaheim

Assisted Living Reviews for Arbor Palms of Anaheim

October 23, 2021

By Nick

My father will be moving into Arbor Palms of Anaheim. They're great. They're all very clean and very spacious. The staff is really nice; everybody is very helpful. They have a huge menu; every week is different. They have five different choices every week; I'm sure they will use it in a couple of different weeks, but it seems like a really good deal. Everybody keeps down in the cafeteria, so you can talk to each other. The main thing that I like about it is it's close to where I live, so I can visit him more often, but I do like the environment inside the place; everybody seems nice.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this excellent review, Nick! We are proud to provide a clean, friendly community for senior living. Your compliments are so appreciated! We hope to see you again soon, and we thank you for choosing Arbor Palms of Anaheim for your family.

October 06, 2021

By Joanie

Arbor Palms of Anaheim was a better facility and more what my uncle was looking for. It was assisted living. It was a little bit higher for rent, although everything was included. It was a close second. It was closer to family. They would take you places within 10 miles. It was nice that they also offered a day out where you could go to Wal-Mart or Target. They would pick you up, and they'd drop you off. The thing that my uncle liked was that his mail would be delivered in a personal mailbox. The staff was very friendly. She was saying that they were redoing a couple of rooms because they needed to change the carpeting, and they needed to do this and that. They had a beautician or salon. They had a theater room which was smaller. They had meals provided and snacks in vending machines. It was fine, but it wasn't what we wanted. It was a little bit more expensive. They showed us rooms at the same price. One was a bit smaller, and they showed another room that was larger. It had two big closets. They were both the same price, and I didn't understand that. We are talking about square footage. I just didn't understand why a bigger room was the same price as a smaller room.

Hello, Joanie. Thank you so much for giving us your feedback after visiting our community with your uncle. We're glad to hear that our staff was very friendly and that you considered our community as a living option for your family! We apologize for the confusion about pricing as we always want our customers to understand our pricing structure and answer any questions in their entirety. Feel free to leave your contact information with our Executive Director. They will be happy to call and explain the rates in more detail. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you for reaching out to us!

September 14, 2021

By I.L.

We toured the Arbor Palms of Anaheim. We both felt very welcome; the location itself was very welcoming. Jeffrey, whom I believe was the one who gave us the tour, was very open to our questions, answered them very well, and gave us a tour of what the facility looked like. He showed us the outdoor area, the dining area, and the various activities. He was very willing to work with us on our budget, which we appreciated as well. They have a library, bingo, a movie lounge, and a piano. So it seems like they have a wide variety of activities.

We appreciate you taking the time to write us such a great review! We're very pleased to hear that our team was so helpful and welcoming during your tour. Our community offers great services and amenities, and it sounds like you had a great experience. We hope to see you again soon!

March 09, 2021

By Sharon

My husband wasn't crazy about Arbor Palms of Anaheim. It looked like it needed new carpeting, and there were marks on the wall. They need to retouch the paint. What I liked about our tour was the gentleman we met with; his name was Jeffrey, and he had told me before we even got there, "I just want to let you know the property is older and they usually re-carpet and re-paint it every five years, and it seems like we're approaching that five year time." I thought that it was just nice that he said that before we got there. At normal times they have activities, but right now, they are limited. They used to have a hairstylist who would come on site, and there are little shopping areas outside that assisted living people used to walk to, but they're discouraging it now because of the risk of getting the virus.

Hi, Sharon. Thank you for taking the time to provide these details about your experience. Honest feedback from visitors like you allows us to look for areas for improvement. The well-being of our residents is our top priority as we continue to work hard and endure these challenging times. Life enrichment programs have temporarily taken a slightly different appearance so we hope we can share more of our approach. We also hope you will come back to visit us as we continue to enhance our community’s overall ambiance this year. Meanwhile, if you can spare the time, feel free to reach out to our Executive Director if you have any further suggestions or concerns. Thank you.

March 07, 2021

By RS

I visited the assisted care and the memory unit of Arbor Palms of Anaheim. The staff was very friendly, very personable, and very helpful. We didn't have a chance to taste their food, since the kitchen was closed right at the moment because of COVID, but it was fine. The place was very clean. It was good.

Thank you for the positive feedback! We take pride in the amazing team we have, and we appreciate their dedication to serving our residents during these difficult times. It's great to hear that you had a nice experience while visiting us.

February 01, 2020

By Paul

We went to both assisted living and memory care units at Arbor Palms of Anaheim. It's in major need of remodel or upgrade. The staff was very friendly, but several of the attendants told me that they had a lot of problems there. It's nice that there's a hospital across the street, but the neighborhood has a lot of homeless people. The dining area was small. The layout was very simple and organized, but they did not have a lot of rooms. I was really surprised how small the place was.

Hi, Paul. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear of your experience. Your input will contribute to our ongoing improvements. If you have any further suggestions, please contact our Executive Director. Thank you.

April 17, 2019

By Lucy C

Arbor Palms of Anaheim was nice, but the manager was not welcoming. We felt discriminated againts when we talked to her. She won't give us a tour because she said she didn't want to waste our time. We insisted that we still wanted to see the place regardless if we can afford it or not, and she's like, "Well, the room itself is $2400 already and that's not including the add-ons." She gave us a tour but we felt that she was not happy about it.

Hello, Lucy. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our business. Your input and the feedback from all of our residents and visitors is vitally important to us, and we always want our customer expectations to be met. After your feedback is evaluated, we may follow up with you to ensure that we are making the necessary steps to provide a better customer experience. Please feel free to contact us as well. Thank you.

June 01, 2018

By Stanley

Meridian Gardens of Anaheim was a very nice place. The people who worked there seemed very warm toward the residents. The lady who took me on the tour was very good, very pleasant, very informative, and very cordial.

December 27, 2017

By Joe

Meridian Gardens of Anaheim is clean and has three floors. They have a dementia unit on the first floor. The second floor is for people who can get around but that need help. The third level is for people who are mobile. They can drive and they can stay there with their wives or their husbands, or be by themselves. It's nice to have that option. When they have their dinners, everybody comes down and meets everybody else. The dining area is a large cafeteria and well kept. I love their food. The director and the director of the community socials are very helpful. They are willing to work with me on my brother's case, so that's good. They also have activities for the people that live there. They go to art centers and they go to to different places. I like that. They have a library, a garden, and a room where they watch movies. However, I wish they had a bigger and wider garden area. Their garden is cooped up between the buildings. It's only wide on the outside.

By Muntasir

Everything at Meridian Gardens of Anaheim was wonderful. It was a nice and clean environment. The elderly residents are treated so well. They had a lot of different events and places outside that were convenient, to make everyone happy and comfortable. The facility, the food, and the kitchen were very nice. The staff treated me real nice and gave me adequate attention. They also offer field trips there.

By Ernestine

Meridian Gardens of Anaheim would have been a good place for my sister. They were really nice, but they never got back to me after the evaluation. The room was clean and OK with its own bathroom. The location was on a busy street, and the parking was terrible.

By Happy Visitor

The rooms at Meridian Gardens were OK but small, and that's one thing we didn't want. They had a library and areas where people could go and play games. Everything was nice. The lady who toured us was very kind and knowledgeable. It was all good.

July 31, 2016

By Anita614182

I almost rented a one-bedroom at Meridian Gardens, but it just did not suit me. I just did not get the right feeling. However, the people were very nice. They offered a lot of activities.

June 24, 2016

By Kevin224264

The people at Meridian were nice, but the studio apartment appeared dark.

Memory Care Reviews for Arbor Palms of Anaheim

Questions about Arbor Palms of Anaheim

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We conduct weekly dementia training specific to our Montessori Moments In Time Programming.

What transportation services does Arbor Palms of Anaheim offer to assisted living residents?

We are here to support our residents transportation needs to local physicians, shopping, outings within a 10 mile radius of the community.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We provide a 1 to 8 ratio.

This is ongoing and conducted by our Wellness Director.

Describe the neighborhood around Arbor Palms of Anaheim. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are centrally located in a residential neighborhood with access to several local Hospitals and Skilled Nursing Facilities.

Is Arbor Palms of Anaheim affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Costs for Arbor Palms of Anaheim

• Range Of Services Extra: Concierge Services, On Call Physician

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Arbor Palms of Anaheim

At Arbor Palms of Anaheim, we believe in compassionate, graceful aging. We also believe in excellent service. It’s not just an idea – It’s a way of life within our community. Here, we have wellness programs that nourish the body and activities that create community. This approach extends to many services that exist to simplify your life eliminating some of your burdens while retaining your favorite pastimes and cherished routines.

Our passion is to create an environment where your well-being is at the center of everything we do. Arbor Palms offers a wide-range of services designed to meet your or your loved one’s unique needs. No one senior is alike so we provide lifestyle options that meet your individual needs.

Attentiveness to building relationships and recognizing the whole person has social, mental, physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

A dining experience where residents enjoy the familiar tastes of home cooked meals and provide for special dietary needs.

Opportunities for social interaction that promote a sense of joy, satisfaction and belonging. Outings, shopping, music, card games, book clubs, creative arts and inter generational activities are just a few examples. Features Include:

• Exceptional assisted living services with a focus on independence
  • Private or companion apartments (furnished or unfurnished) with private baths, cable TV and climate control
  • Concierge services from our dedicated staff
  • On-call physician available for healthcare needs and monitoring
  • Housekeeping and linen services, including bed-making and trash removal
  • Spacious private or companion apartments with private baths, cable TV and individual climate control
  • A complete dining program to accommodate any diet, with three meals and snacks served daily in our restaurant-style dining room
  • Transportation provided for activities, outings and appointments

Alzheimer’s and dementia are no reason to stop enjoying life. At Arbor Palms, our memory care program provides a caring, nurturing, and safe environment for all of our residents. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to help with even the smallest things. You can now rest assured, knowing that your loved one is in good hands. Our staff believe that what they do is so much more than a job, it’s an opportunity – a passion – to serve others. Our caregivers embrace the individuality of every resident and find great pleasure in getting to know the residents and families they serve.

Near shops and restaurants, with convenient access to public transportation, our senior living community is ready to show you how retirement living should be. We are near areas of shopping, restaurants, movie theaters, hospital, places of worship and much more!

Map of Arbor Palms of Anaheim