6 Assisted Living Facilities in Riverton, WY
Homestead Living Center950 Homestead Avenue, Riverton, WY
College Hill Apartments3002 College Hill Drive, Riverton, WY
Owl Creek Apartments2220 Rose Lane, Riverton, WY
Rendezvous Senior Citizens Apartments901 East Sunset Drive, Riverton, WY
Riverton Manor Apartments820 North 1st Street, Riverton, WY
Teton Sertoma Inc.101 North 3 East, Riverton, WY
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Riverton area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 4 reviews of assisted living communities in the Riverton area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 assisted living communities in the Riverton area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Riverton
A community rich in Western heritage and natural scenic beauty, Riverton, Wyoming gives seniors the best of both city and country life. Known as The City of Rendezvous, it has a sizable aging population, with 16.3 percent of residents over 65. Among the many amenities for seniors in Riverton are six assisted living facilities (ALFs). ALFs in Wyoming primarily provide personal care and may offer qualified residents limited nursing care and memory care if certified to do so by the Healthcare Licensing and Surveys Division of the state’s Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Riverton
- Coupled with Riverton’s cost of living being 15 percent lower than the national average, the senior-friendly tax system of Wyoming means no taxation on personal and retirement income, social security benefits and pensions.
- The overall crime rate in Riverton is over 100 percent higher than both state and national averages, where majority of crimes committed are under the non-violent property crime category. Seniors and their loved ones need to consider the security measures taken by assisted living facilities in Riverton for peace of mind.
- Transit services in Riverton are considered senior-friendly. The Wind River Transportation Authorit (WRTA) runs ADA-compliant buses. Seniors can take WRTA buses around the Riverton community, Fremont County and Central Wyoming, and they may book special rides to airports and group excursions. The Senior Center’s Riverton Public Transportation Service (RPTS) takes seniors to scheduled medical appointments, grocery stores and other errands and activities.
- With a historic rendezvous site that remains celebrated, Riverton preserves its local arts and culture for all ages to enjoy. Annual events include the Wild West Winter Carnival, Fremont County Fair, Riverton Rendezvous, Native American pow wows and art fairs. Aside from visiting museums and galleries, seniors can enjoy stage performances at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center of Central Wyoming College.
- The Riverton area is home to world-class medical facilities including SageWest Health Care, Fremont Therapy Group, Western Family Care and the Riverton Community Health Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Riverton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Wyoming Senior Citizens, Inc., an organization that offers senior volunteer opportunities, caregiver support programs, long-term care ombudsman services and assistance on Medicare and Medicaid matters, as well as a community senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Riverton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wyoming
Assisted Living costs in Riverton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Riverton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Riverton
Riverton seniors eligible for coverage in ALF services may apply for an Assisted Living Facility (ALF) waiver through the Home Care Services Unit of the Wyoming Department of Health.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Riverton
Riverton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Riverton
Riverton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wyoming are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page for more information about these laws.