Assisted Living in Wisconsin Rapids
Wellington Place of Biron1661 South Biron Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Our House Senior Living - Wisconsin Rapids Assisted Care2941 16th Street South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Cranberry Court2230 14th Street South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
The Waterford at Wisconsin Rapids491 25th Street North, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Atrium Senior Living of Wisconsin Rapids at River Run1400 River Run Drive, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Hilltop Affiliates Inc.630 PEPPER AVENUE, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Hilltop Grand Village1400 24th St. S., Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Assisted Living in Wisconsin Rapids1500 Pepper Avenue, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Arborview Court3750 Blue Violet Lane, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Cranberry Court Assisted Living Community2230 James Ct, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
At A Glance
There are 13 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Wisconsin Rapids is $3,455 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Wisconsin Rapids area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 27 reviews of assisted living communities in the Wisconsin Rapids area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 13 assisted living communities in the Wisconsin Rapids area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wisconsin Rapids
The Wisconsin River runs through the center of Wisconsin Rapids, and the fast-running waters gave the city its name. Over 20 percent of the city's population of 17,800 are aged 65 and over. Seniors in the area looking for help with daily activities can choose from 12 assisted living facilities in the city or one of the eight others located in the nearby communities of Plover, Stevens Point or Nekoosa. These facilities are licensed and regulated by Wisconsin's Bureau of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wisconsin Rapids
- The cost of living in Wisconsin Rapids is almost 19% lower than the national average. The biggest factor in this difference is the price of housing, but seniors will still find that health care, groceries and transportation are less expensive than other parts of the state.
- Seniors in Wisconsin Rapids have access to the Wood County Elderly and Disabled Transportation program, which offers door-to-door services to people over the age of 55 to medical appointments, shopping and other locations.
- Seniors who enjoy arts and culture will find a number of attractions in Wisconsin Rapids. Some assisted living facilities may arrange visits to museums like the South Wood County Historical Museum or to see performances by the Wisconsin Rapids Community Theater. For seniors who like to create, the Central Wisconsin Cultural Center offers classes to the community.
- The Wisconsin Rapids area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Aspirus Riverview Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Wisconsin Rapids' frigid winters can be challenging for seniors affected by extreme cold. The January low averages just 7 degrees, and the city gets 45 inches of snow annually. There are only 188 days of sunshine each year, which can keep people inside, but the mild summer temperatures of around 82 degrees are perfect for those who aren't big fans of the heat.
- The crime rate in Wisconsin Rapids is higher than 95 percent of Wisconsin's other communities. The main factor of this high crime rate is property crime, which occurs at a rate of 40.76 incidents per 1,000 residents — more than double the state average. The violent crime rate, on the other hand, is very low at only 0.56 per 1,000 residents, well below the state average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wisconsin Rapids
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Wisconsin Rapids start around $3,455 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wisconsin Rapids and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin seniors may qualify for assistance on costs related to assisted living through the PACE program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin Rapids and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin Rapids-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.