44 Assisted Living Facilities
44 Assisted Living Facilities
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sammamish
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
There are 44 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sammamish area, with 2 in Sammamish and 42 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 196 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sammamish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sammamish 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sammamish, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Sammamish, WA
42 Assisted Living Facilities near Sammamish, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sammamish
Review of Agape Senior
Agape Senior Living is an amazing home, everyone is so caring, compassionate, and you just get the feel of home! The owners live on site and are very hands on, lots of loves, the best care for my m... Read more
Assisted Living near King County, WA
More Options Near Sammamish, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sammamish
Located on the far outskirts of the Seattle metropolitan area on the eastern side of the eponymously named lake, Sammamish, Washington is ideally located between a major urban area and the wild beauty of the Pacific Northwest. With ample green space and a relatively temperate climate, it is a great place for seniors to live. There are 61 assisted living facilities to choose from in the Sammamish area, all of which are licensed and regulated by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sammamish
- The weather in Sammamish can be unpredictable, like much of the Pacific Northwest. It averages 48 inches of rain annually, nearly 10 inches over the national average. January low averages out at 36 degrees Fahrenheit, and the area receives approximately 8 inches of snow annually. July temperatures top out at 75 degrees Fahrenheit, on average, and there are about 155 days of sunshine per year.
- Due to the rain, nearby ocean, surrounding forests and distance from Seattle, the air quality in Sammamish is excellent for the majority of the year.
- Sammamish has a cost of living index that's 82 percent higher than the national average. Necessities, like groceries, health care services and transportation, are typically higher than state averages too, which might make it difficult for seniors looking for a budget-friendly lifestyle.
- Seniors concerned with their personal safety may find that Sammamish is a great place to call home. The city is safer than 88 percent of U.S. cities, and its crime rate is 69 percent lower than the national average.
Eastside Friends of Seniors is an organization that has been in operation over the past twenty years in the Sammamish area, doing exactly what their name suggests. One of these things is giving seniors rides to and from medical appointments, shopping trips or various other errands.
- The Sammamish area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the city of Seattle.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sammamish
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Sammamish start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sammamish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sammamish
Washington state offers Home and Community Based Services (HCBS), which are non-entitlement programs to help seniors to pay for assisted living facilities if they qualify. The one that will provide financial aide for an ALF is the Washington Medicaid COPES (Community Options Program Entry System) which allows eligible applicants to continue living in an assisted living facility of their choose.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sammamish
Sammamish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sammamish
Sammamish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.