Assisted Living in Poulsbo
Brookdale Montclair Poulsbo1250 NE Lincoln Road, Poulsbo, WA
Liberty Shores Assisted Living/Harbor House Memory Care19360 Viking Avenue NW, Poulsbo, WA
Claremont Senior Living2707 Clare Avenue, Bremerton, WA
Madrona House8800 Madison Avenue N, Bainbridge Island, WA
Wyatt House186 Wyatt Way NW, Bainbridge Island, WA
Encore Communities12295 Schold Place NW, Silverdale, WA
Cascades of Bremerton3201 Pine Road NE, Bremerton, WA
Bay Pointe Retirement Community966 Oyster Bay Courte, Bremerton, WA
Madison Avenue House285 Madison Avenue South, Bainbridge Island, WA
Ashley Gardens of Bremerton3231 Pine Road, Bremerton, WA
At A Glance
There are 11 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Poulsbo is $3,095 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Poulsbo area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 21 reviews of assisted living communities in the Poulsbo area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 11 assisted living communities in the Poulsbo area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Poulsbo
Poulsbo is a city with deep maritime roots located on Liberty Bay Northwest of Seattle. Poulsbo is home to many museums, bakeries and two assisted living facilities, as well as nine more in the nearby area for local seniors. These facilities are all regulated by the Washington Department of Social and Health Services through the Aging Long-Term Support Administration to ensure residents receive the high quality of care they deserve.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Poulsbo
- Poulsbo has a cost of living that's 34.10 percent higher than the national average. Seniors may have a hard time adding to their savings if they reside here.
- There is a low rate of violent crime in Poulsbo, only 19.4 out of 100, with one being the safest. Compared to the national average of 31.1, seniors may feel quite safe here. Property crime is rated at 45.21, however, which is higher than the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors in Poulsbo enjoy a temperate four seasons. With a high average of 74 degrees Fahrenheit and a low average of 35 degrees Fahrenheit, seniors can be active all year long. Seniors with limited mobility can still get around in the winter due to an annual snowfall of only three inches.
- Seniors living in Kitsap County can sit outdoors and enjoy the fresh air without worry. The American Lung Association gave this area a particle pollution 24-hour score of A. This is excellent news for those with a bronchial or respiratory condition.
- Poulsbo has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Silverdale.
- The unique town of Poulsbo has a lot to offer history buffs. Seniors who love learning about the ocean and maritime history can pay a visit to the United States Naval Undersea Museum to learn about submarines and the ocean environment. Or they may enjoy a day trip to the Maritime Museum to explore the interactive displays and exhibits detailing Poulsbo’s fishing history.
Paying for Assisted Living in Poulsbo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Poulsbo start around $3,095 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Poulsbo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Poulsbo
In Washington, the Medicaid Personal Care (MPC) and Community First Choice Option (CFCO) programs are available to assist qualified Medicaid recipients in covering the costs of assisted living. Some individuals may also be entitled to The Washington Medicaid COPES (Community Options Program Entry System) waiver program. There are no non-Medicaid funded options in Washington.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Poulsbo
Poulsbo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Poulsbo
Poulsbo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.