Assisted Living in Marysville
The Gardens at Marysville9802 48th Drive NE, Marysville, WA
Grandview Village5800 64th Street NE, Marysville, WA
Marysville Care Center1821 Grove Street, Marysville, WA
Washington Oakes1717 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA
Vintage at Everett1001 East Marine View Drive, Everett, WA
Ashley Pointe11117 20Th Street Ne, Lake Stevens, WA
Heritage Court Assisted Living4230 Colby Avenue, Everett, WA
Everett Plaza Assisted Living2204 12th Street, Everett, WA
Fedelta Care Solutions2707 Colby Ave, Ste 1118, Everett, WA
At A Glance
There are 9 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Marysville is $2,672 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Marysville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 17 reviews of assisted living communities in the Marysville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 9 assisted living communities in the Marysville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marysville
Marysville, WA., has more than 487 acres of parks within its city limits, and it hosts numerous festivals throughout the year, providing many opportunites for seniors to remain active in the community. Seniors, age 65 and older, comprise 11.7 percent of the overall population in Marysville, and there are nine local assisted living facilities to serve them. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marysville
- Marysville’s annual weather includes regular spurts of rain throughout the year and a temperate climate. The average rainfall is 42 inches annually. January lows fall to 34 degrees Fahrenheit and July highs peak at 74 degrees Fahrenheit. There’s an average of 163 sunny days per year in Marysville, making it easy for seniors to regularly enjoy outdoor activities.
- The air quality index in Marysville is 37 percent better than the national average. However, the city's pollution index is 211 percent worse than the U.S. average. Because of this, there may be times when the quality of the air bothers seniors battling respiratory illnesses or allergies.
- The cost of living in Marysville is 15 percent higher than the national average, which could make living in the area difficult for seniors on a budget. Necessities, such as groceries and health care services, cost more than they do on average throughout the U.S., and the state's sales tax is approximately 28 percent higher than the country's average.
Crime rates in Marysville are below the state average but above the national average. However, most of this is due to a high percentage of property crime in the area. Violent crime is well below the state and national averages making the community very safe overall.
- Snohomish County has a pre-authorized volunteer transportation program for seniors who need rides to medical appointments or other nearby locations. Seniors who are 60 years of age or older are eligible for this program as long as they cannot self-transport or use public transportation.
- The Marysville area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the city of Everett to the south.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marysville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Marysville start around $2,672 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marysville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marysville
Washington state offers non-entitlement assisted living financial aid through their Home and Community Based Services (HCBS). However, applicants must first qualify to receive this financial aid through the Washington Medicaid COPES (Community Options Program Entry System).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marysville
Marysville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marysville
Marysville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.