Assisted Living in Lacey
Bonaventure of Lacey4528 Intelco Loop SE, Lacey, WA
Woodland by Bonaventure4532 Intelco Loop SE, Lacey, WA
Panorama1751 Circle Lane SE, Lacey, WA
Roo-lan Healthcare Center1505 SOUTHEAST CARPENTER ROAD, Lacey, WA
Lodge At Roo-Lan, The1530 Carpenter Rd Se, Lacey, WA
Patriots Landing1600 Marshall Circle, Dupont, WA
Brookdale Olympia East616 Lilly Road NE, Olympia, WA
Brooks Blessings Adult Family Home1627 12th Avenue Southwest, Olympia, WA
The Sequoia Assisted Living Community825 Lilly Road NE, Olympia, WA
Community Resources208 West Bay Dr NW, Olympia, WA
At A Glance
There are 16 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Lacey is $3,447 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Lacey area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 50 reviews of assisted living communities in the Lacey area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 16 assisted living communities in the Lacey area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lacey
Lacey is a small town approximately five miles east of Olympia and just south of Interstate 5. In 2018, the city had a population of 44,664, with more than 18 percent over the age of 62.
Seniors who need some help with activities of daily living and who want to retire in the northwest, can select from five assisted living communities located in Lacey and 51 nearby in Olympia, Tumwater and Yelm. Regulated by the Washington State Department of Social Services, assisted living communities are known as assisted living facilities (ALFs) with at least seven residents. These facilities provide personal care and help administer medications to seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lacey
- The Lacey area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Pacific Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lacey has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Services for the South Sound, an organization that seeks to improve the quality of life for seniors in the area, as well as at least nine senior centers.
- There are several transportation options for seniors in Lacey, including the Lewis Mason Thurson Area Agency, which is a Catholic Community Service that offers transportation to medical facilities, shopping centers, seniors centers and for other necessary errands. The Dial-A-Lift Inner-city transportation service is another door-to-door service that offers lifts for eligible seniors.
- Like many cities in the state of Washington, the cost of living is higher than other comparable cities in the nation. It is slightly lower than most larger cities in the state. This can still pose a challenge for seniors living on a budget.
- For seniors looking to escape the heat, Lacey offers mild summers with highs around 76 degrees Fahrenheit and cold winters with lows around 34 degrees Fahrenheit. The area does get more rainfall than the average US city, and residents will see about seven inches of snow per year.
- Violent crime is much lower in Lacey than in other cities in the United States. On a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), Lacey ranks 15.8 in violent crime. The city ranks 46.5 in regards to property crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lacey
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Lacey start around $3,447 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lacey and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lacey
Financing for seniors in ALFs in Lacey is available through the state’s Medicaid Waiver program. This program is called the Community Options Program Entry System (COPES). It pays for most types of personal care needs, including assistance with self-administration of medications. Some types of nursing care are also covered for those living in private apartments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lacey
Lacey and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lacey
Lacey-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.