Assisted Living in Bellevue
Redmond Senior Living15241 NE 20th St., Bellevue, WA
Sunrise of Bellevue15928 NE 8th Street, Bellevue, WA
Sagebrook Senior Living at Bellevue15750 NE 15th ST, Bellevue, WA
Progress Adult Family Home4766 130th Avenue, Bellevue, WA
The Bellettini1115 108Th Ave Ne, Bellevue, WA
Evergreen Court900 124th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA
Patriots Glen1640 148th Ave SE, Bellevue, WA
Aegis of Bellevue148 102nd Ave SE, Bellevue, WA
Bellevue Heights Adult Family Home505 140th Avenue Southeast, Bellevue, WA
The Gardens at Town Square933 111Th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA
At A Glance
There are 65 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Bellevue is $4,080 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Bellevue area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 77 reviews of assisted living communities in the Bellevue area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 65 assisted living communities in the Bellevue area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bellevue
More than 141,000 people reside in Bellevue, a diverse city which offers sporting events, scenic parks and educational museums. Lifeguard-monitored beaches provide a relaxing retreat on sunny days and indoor attractions such as the Bellevue Arts Museum are available for cloudy days.
Seniors who want to live in Bellevue but need some assistance will find 114 assisted living communities located in the Bellevue, Washington area. These assisted living facilities, as well as others in the state, are monitored by the Washington Department of Social and Health Services. This agency has a department dedicated to protecting the state's elderly citizens, the Aging and Long-Term Support Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bellevue
- Washington state often receives poor scores for air quality from the American Lung Association, and King County's Bellevue is not an exception. However, it has a C for particle pollution when other Washington cities, including Yakima, Pierce and Snohomish, have an F.
- The Bellevue area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Virginia Mason Medical Center and Interlake Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
SoundTransit sends ST Express buses through Bellevue and neighboring counties. Seniors over the age of 64 qualify for reduced fare via a Regional Reduced Fare Permit credited to an ORCA card. Seniors who wish to fly out of the Bellevue area can head to Sea-Tac Airport, located less than 20 miles from Bellevue.
- Bellevue generally offers a comfortable climate. Temperatures rarely jump into the 90s or drop into the teens, and there are not excessive amounts of rain or snow during any season.
- Bellevue's amenities carry a hefty price tag; the cost of living in Bellevue is more than twice the U.S. average. Housing costs are nearly four times higher in Bellevue than other parts of the United States, and they're approximately 2.5 times higher than the Washington average. Utilities are one of the only necessities that are generally more affordable in Bellevue than other parts of the nation.
- Violence is less prevalent in Bellevue than some of Washington's other cities. In Bellevue, people have a one in 1,017 chance of being targeted for a violent crime, while Washington's rate is one in 331. Bellevue also has a slightly lower rate for property crimes than the Washington average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bellevue
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Bellevue start around $3,523 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bellevue and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bellevue
Medicaid recipients have five options for financial assistance in Bellevue: the Washington Medicaid COPES Waiver, the New Freedom Medicaid Waiver, the Medicaid Personal Care Program, the Community First Choice Option, and the Medicaid Alternative Care. Eligibility isn't guaranteed, as income and asset restrictions apply to these financial assistance options.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bellevue
Bellevue and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bellevue
Bellevue-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.