What to Consider About Assisted Living in Battle Ground
The city of Battle Ground received its unique name after an anticipated battle in 1855 that petered out before it happened. Seniors have 64 assisted living facilities (ALFs) to choose from in this historic town, two within the city limits, and 62 just outside of Battle Ground. An ALF in Washington is defined as a facility that provides 24-hour supervision and assistance to seven or more residents. Medication management and basic housekeeping are some of the services provided by the staff. The Washington Department of Social and Health Services dictate policies for these facilities through the Aging Long-Term Support Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Battle Ground
- Seniors who have sensitive lungs or a respiratory condition could potentially be negatively affected in Clark County due to its air quality rating. The American Lung Association gave this area a good score of B for its Ozone rating. Unfortunately, the Particle Pollution 24-hour score received a poor grade of D.
- The Battle Ground area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While the town of Battle Ground has limited opportunities to explore arts and culture, the bustling town of Portland, Oregon is located less than 30 miles away. ALFs in the area offer day trips for seniors to explore local attractions such as the Portland Japanese Garden and the Oregon Zoo.
- Seniors on a budget may have a hard time building their savings in Battle Ground due to the cost of living which is 25.20 percent higher than the national average.
- Battle Ground's crime rate is low compared to the national averages. Violent crime is at 10.0 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is very low compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime is at 35.3, which is lower than the national average of 38.1. Seniors living in this area can feel very safe and secure.
- Seniors can enjoy all four seasons and a mild climate in Battle Ground. The summers are pleasant with a high average of 78 degrees, and the winters have a low average of 33 degrees and only two inches of annual snowfall. Seniors can stay active all year round in this city.
Paying for Assisted Living in Battle Ground
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Battle Ground start around $3,650 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Battle Ground and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Battle Ground
Medicaid recipients can pay for assisted living through the Medicaid Personal Care (MPC) program or Community First Choice Option (CFCO). The Washington Medicaid COPES (Community Options Program Entry System) waiver program may also be available for qualified seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Battle Ground
Battle Ground and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Battle Ground
Battle Ground-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.