8 Assisted Living Facilities in Leesburg, VA
Also serving communities of Lovettsville.
Morningside House of Leesburg316 Harrison Street SE, Leesburg, VA
Sunrise of Leesburg246 West Market Street, Leesburg, VA
Meadow Glen of Leesburg315 Dry Mill Road, SW, Leesburg, VA
Spring Arbor Leesburg237 Fairview Street, NW, Leesburg, VA
Sunrise at Countryside45800 Jona Drive, Sterling, VA
Tribute at One Loudoun20335 Savin Hill Dr., Ashburn, VA
Lovettsville Home Assisted Living39196 Rodeffer Rd, Lovettsville, VA
West Falls Center at Falcons Landing46661 Algonkian Parkway, Potomac Falls, VA
At A Glance
There are 8 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Leesburg is $3,315 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Leesburg area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 20 reviews of assisted living communities in the Leesburg area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 8 assisted living communities in the Leesburg area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Leesburg
Leesburg is a historical town located in Loudoun County, Virginia and known for attractions like the Ida Lee Park Recreation Center, Morven Park and The Marshall House Museum. The city also features a senior-friendly culture with Aging Programs and Services and is home to four local assisted living facilities and eight more in the area. The Loudoun City Area Agency on Aging (AAA) sponsors the recreations offered, while the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) regulates all assisted living communities to ensure each local senior is safe and living an active life.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Leesburg
- The cost of living in Leesburg ranks at a 154 which is much higher than the national average of 100 and the state median of 107. Seniors living on a fixed-income could have trouble managing the higher grocery, health care and transportation expenses.
- The town of Leesburg has lower violent crime rates by around 93 percent and property crimes by about 60 percent when compared to the national median.
- The air quality in Leesburg is comparable to the national average, which could cause slight problems for seniors with respiratory illnesses. However, seniors with allergies may suffer less often from symptoms with a pollution index that is 92 percent better than other U.S. cities.
- Winters in Leesburg are often mild, with temperature highs between 42 degrees Fahrenheit and 52 degrees Fahrenheit and lows between 26 degrees Fahrenheit and 35 degrees Fahrenheit. In combination with cooler summer temperatures that average between 65 degrees Fahrenheit and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, outdoor recreations are manageable.
- Leesburg offers residents transportation through several providers including the Loudoun County Transit, which provides seniors access to paratransit services, and Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers, which helps seniors travel to appointments and outings.
- The Leesburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Inova Loudoun Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Leesburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Leesburg start around $3,315 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Leesburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Leesburg
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Leesburg
Leesburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Leesburg
Leesburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.