Assisted Living in West Jordan
Legacy House of Taylorsville6302 S Gold Medal Dr, West Jordan, UT
Sunridge Assisted Living and Memory Care7037 S 4800 W, West Jordan, UT
Beehive Homes8912 South 2700 West, , West Jordan, UT
Golden Living Taylorsville2011 W 4700 S, Taylorsville, UT
Canyon Creek Senior Living7235 Union Park Ave, Midvale, UT
Cedarwood at Sandy10970 South 700 East, Sandy, UT
The Wellington4522 South 1300 East, Salt Lake City, UT
Pacifica Senior Living Millcreek777 East 3900 South, Salt Lake City, UT
Sunrise at Holladay4650 S. Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT
Cottonwood Creek1245 E Murray Holladay Road, Salt Lake City, UT
At A Glance
There are 50 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in West Jordan is $3,100 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the West Jordan area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 21 reviews of assisted living communities in the West Jordan area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 50 assisted living communities in the West Jordan area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Jordan
West Jordan is a Salt Lake City suburb which ranked 13th in Sperling's "Best Cities for Seniors 2005." The study considered factors including the availability of medical services and senior living facilities. West Jordan is home to at least three assisted living facilities for seniors, with another 52 facilities close by in communities such as South Jordan, Sandy and Salt Lake City. Utah's Department of Health, Facility Licensing and Certifications, licenses these facilities and places them into two categories. Type I facilities are for residents who can safely exit the facility without assistance in an emergency. Type II facilities serve residents who need at least one person's help to evacuate.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Jordan
- In West Jordan, summers tend to be hot and dry, with highs around 92 degrees Fahrenheit. On average, the city receives 21 fewer inches of rain per year than the national median. Winters are usually cold, with an average low temperature of 21 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The overall cost of living in West Jordan is 5.4 percent above the U.S. average, mainly due to high housing prices. In some categories, like health care and groceries, West Jordan is actually less expensive than the national average by 5 and 5.6 percent, respectively.
Tax policies in West Jordan and throughout Utah are "moderately" favorable toward retirees. The state fully taxes retirement account withdrawals and Social Security income but only partially taxes pension income.
- Assisted living communities in West Jordan may choose to offer residents outings to local points of interest including Point Gardens, Leatherby's Family Creamery, Bingham Copper Mine, Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum and Gardner Village.
- West Jordan's Utah Transit Authority provides fixed route and paratransit bus service. All routes connect with TRAX rail stations and seniors may qualify for reduced fares.
- West Jordan has an array of community resources for seniors, including Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services, an organization that promotes "independence through advocacy, engagement and access to resources," as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Jordan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in West Jordan start around $3,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Jordan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Jordan
In West Jordan as in the rest of Utah, the state helps eligible seniors pay for assisted living facilities with the Medicaid New Choices 1915(c) Waiver program. Utah does not offer a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment for assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Jordan
West Jordan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Jordan
West Jordan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.