Assisted Living in Logan
Legacy House of Logan330 E 1400 N, Logan, UT
Williamsburg Retirement Community132 West 300 North, Logan, UT
Sunshine Terrace Foundation248 WEST 300 NORTH, Logan, UT
The Gables of North Logan455 E 2500 N, North Logan, UT
Maple Springs of North Logan350 East 2200 North, North Logan, UT
Blacksmith Fork Assisted Living680 East Main Street, Hyrum, UT
Cache Valley Assisted Living233 N Main St, Providence, UT
At A Glance
There are 7 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Logan is $2,495 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Logan area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 17 reviews of assisted living communities in the Logan area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 assisted living communities in the Logan area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Logan
Logan is a vibrant university city situated in Cache County in the northern part of Utah. Its known for its year-round beauty; nearby Bear Lake is referred to as the "Rocky Mountain Caribbean" for is azure-blue waters, making Logan a great option for seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
To accommodate seniors who need some help with daily tasks, there are has three assisted living residences in Logan and 14 more in nearby communities. All residences are licensed by the Utah Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Logan
- Logan partnered with UCAIR (Utah Clean Air) in 2014 to aggressively improve air quality. The city recently passed an anti-idling law for motor vehicles and purchased an electric vehicle for the parking authority. UCAIR is focused on the air quality index, pollutants and emissions and climate change.
- The overall cost of living in Logan is lower than for the remainder of the state. This is mainly due to the lower cost of housing in Logan, but food, utilities and health care services are also slightly more expensive in this city.
- Logan is safer than 39 percent of American cities with property crimes outweighing violent crimes. The city's violent crime rate is below both the state and national averages, making violent crime relatively rare in Logan.
- The Logan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Logan Regional Hospital/Intermountain Healthcare, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Logan has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cache County Senior Center, an organization that offers transportation, income tax preparation, Medicare counseling and social and volunteer opportunities for those over 60. The center provides assistance to veterans and hosts a popular weekly breakfast club.
- Utah does tax social security retirement benefits and there is a 5 percent sales tax. This could impact seniors who are already on a tight monthly budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Logan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Logan start around $2,495 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Logan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Logan
Utah offers an Elderly Waiver to those 65 and older for assisted living if the cost of the assisted living facility is less than a nursing home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Logan
Logan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Logan
Logan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.