3 Assisted Living Facilities
San Angelo, TX
The average cost of assisted living in
San Angelo is
than the national median of
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
in San Angelo.
On average, consumers rate assisted living in San Angelo
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in San Angelo find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
The average cost of assisted living in San Angelo is $2,691 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,340.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in San Angelo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in San Angelo 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in San Angelo find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in San Angelo, call (855) 863-8283.
Other Options in San Angelo, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in San Angelo
Review of Brayden Park at San Angelo
My mom is enjoying Brayden Park at San Angelo. The personnel are helpful, good, friendly, and caring, and the rooms are nice. They have a whole calendar full of activities. They offer three meals a... Read more
Review of New Haven of San Angelo
We used New Haven for my respite care, and they have better knowledge of dementia patients. It seems like they can accommodate them better. The staff is very friendly. They have a family mantra whe... Read more
Review of Lyndale San Angelo
Lyndale San Angelo was a very nice place, and everyone was very friendly. The room that they showed me at that time would have worked, but my mother now needs 24-hour care. One thing I didn't like ... Read more
Assisted Living near Tom Green County, TX
More Options Near San Angelo, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in San Angelo
Even if you're not diving in the Concho River for mussels containing the region's famous pink and purple Concho pearls, the river and the many lakes surrounding San Angelo make it a West Texas oasis for seniors. Seniors who like this area and need help with daily tasks can choose from three assisted living facilities in San Angelo, all of which offer room and board as well as personal care services within a safe and comfortable residential setting. These personal care services typically include medication management as well as assistance with the activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing and grooming. In San Angelo, as in all of Texas, assisted living facilities are licensed by the state's Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in San Angelo
Temperature extremes are the norm in San Angelo, where temperatures hit 100 degrees many times each summer while wintertime lows drop below freezing from November to March. Snow and sleet are rare, however.
- San Angelo seniors who love art can attend performances of the San Angelo Symphony and Ballet San Angelo, as well as attending plays at the Angelo Civic Theatre, the oldest community theatre in the state. Every third Thursday, the San Angelo Art Walk visits art galleries downtown, and the National Ceramic Competition is held each year at the San Angelo Museum of Fine Art.
- The Concho Valley Transit District provides five fixed bus routes around the city, with Thunderbird rural routes connecting San Angelo residents to a dozen surrounding rural counties. Seniors qualify for half-priced fares. Paratransit is available for qualified individuals, and those qualified by the Area Agency on Aging may be eligible for free rides from AAA.
- San Angelo has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency on Aging of the Concho Valley, an organization that provides benefits counseling, serves as a long-term care ombudsman, and reduces food insecurity among seniors, as well as two senior centers.
- The cost of living in San Angelo is 16.5 percent below that of the United States as a whole, making this area an attractive retirement destination indeed for seniors living on a fixed income.
- The San Angelo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Shannon Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in San Angelo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in San Angelo start around $2,691 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in San Angelo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in San Angelo
Eligible low-income seniors in San Angelo may qualify for financial assistance to help with assisted living costs through the state's STAR+PLUS plan. This Medicaid-backed plan has both functional and financial requirements, and members must contract with either Amerigroup or Superior HealthPlan for their health insurance to take advantage of benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in San Angelo
San Angelo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in San Angelo
San Angelo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.