Assisted Living in Pflugerville
Clare Creek Senior Living2209 Terrandyne Drive, Pflugerville, TX
Family Tree Assisted Living15309 Delahunty Ln, Pflugerville, TX
Graceland Senior Living17228 Sandwicke Drive, Pflugerville, TX
Spanish Oak Assisted Living1417 E Pfennig Ln, Pflugerville, TX
Knight's Assisted Living, LLC20816 Windmill Ridge Street, Pflugerville, TX
Serenity Senior Living900 Ramble Creek Dr, Pflugerville, TX
Heatherwilde Assisted Living401 Heatherwilde Blvd., Pflugerville, TX
Court at Round Rock2700 Sunrise Rd., Round Rock, TX
Brookdale Round Rock8005 Cornerwood Drive, Austin, TX
The Pavilion at Great Hills11819 Pavilion Boulevard , Austin, TX
At A Glance
There are 33 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Pflugerville is $3,350 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Pflugerville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 11 reviews of assisted living communities in the Pflugerville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 33 assisted living communities in the Pflugerville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pflugerville
Pflugerville, which was founded in 1860 and named in honor of German immigrant Henry Pfluger, lies fifteen miles north of the Colorado River on the eastern edge of the Texas Blackland Prairies. The city has a population of roughly 63,000 people, with just under 8 percent of residents over the age of 65. The city is home to seven assisted living facilities, but seniors who are willing to look further afield can find an additional 38 facilities in nearby cities.
Pflugerville, assisted living facilities are divided into two categories, which are based on residents' abilities to evacuate the building unassisted in the event of an emergency. Both types of facilities are regulated by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pflugerville
- The overall cost of living is about 5 percent higher than the national average. However, this is primarily due to the high cost of housing. Seniors can expect their healthcare expenses and transportation costs to be slightly higher than they would be in other Texas cities, though still on par with what they are in other U.S. cities. Groceries cost roughly the same in Pflugerville as they do in the average Texas city, which is about 10 percent below the national average.
- Pflugerville experiences hot summers, with July highs in the mid-90s, and chilly winters, with January lows in the upper-30s. With 231 sunny days annually and just 51 days each year with some type of precipitation, this city is well-suited for seniors who enjoy being outdoors.
- Pflugerville is a safe city with an overall crime rate that is 42 percent lower than the state average and 35 percent lower than the national average. This may provide seniors with peace of mind as they transition to an assisted living facility here.
- While Pflugerville does not currently have a public transportation system, seniors can receive free transportation services through Senior Access, which provides scheduled trips to local grocery stores and medical appointments.
- The Pflugerville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pflugerville Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pflugerville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Pflugerville start around $3,350 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pflugerville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pflugerville
Seniors in Pflugerville who meet income limits can apply for the STAR+PLUS Medicaid waiver program, which may cover some or all of their assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pflugerville
Pflugerville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pflugerville
Pflugerville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.