49 Assisted Living Facilities in Humble, TX

Rosemont

6450 Kings Parkway, Humble, TX
Jim H.: "My mom stayed at Rosemont. She was only there for a day and a half, but our experience was good. The staff was excellent. They understood greatly when my mom had to leave for the hospital and go into hospice. They refunded my money even wh... (read more)

Atascocita Seniors Care Home

18007 Landing Brook Drive, Humble, TX
Heritage Retreat Care Homes operates small assisted living facilities in a home setting that provides a clean and safe environment with assistance to daily living for the elderly and with disability. We are committed to provide an individua... (read more)

Heritage Retreat Atasca Woods

7105 Hot Creek Trace, Humble, TX

Estia Care LLC

18111 Stone Angel Dr , Humble, TX

Reunion Court of Kingwood

929 Rockmead Drive, Kingwood, TX
Ron: "My wife liked Reunion Court of Kingwood. Holly Smith did an excellent job of touring us. The units were large, clean, nice, and very comfortable. The people were super friendly and had a lot of amenities that my wife likes. My wife and I b... (read more)

2014, 2015, 2016

Landon Ridge – Kingwood

24025 Kingwood Pl Dr, Kingwood, TX
KA: "Landon Ridge Kingwood (Isle at Kingwood) does not engage new people in their activities. They just pass out the paper with all the activities of the day. My friend doesn't know anyone or where they're at, so it's been a little uncomfortabl... (read more)

2015, 2016, 2017

Atria Kingwood

2401 Green Oak Drive, Kingwood, TX
Priscy: "My mom has been staying at Atria Kingwood since July 31. It's an excellent place to stay. My mom gardens a lot so they have a garden area with my mom's name on it. They have rabbits and an aquarium. The place is very nice and clean. They h... (read more)

2015

Brookdale Cypress Station

303 Lantern Bend Dr., Houston, TX
Dan: "Brookdale Cypress Station is a really good place with a very friendly staff. They have lots of activities, they're always busy, and the place was full of energy. From those that I've seen, this community is really good. The food is really ... (read more)

2015

Ella Springs Senior Living Community

16700 Ella Blvd, Houston, TX
SDS@: "the minute I walked into Ella Springs, I knew this was the place for Mom. It was clean, bright, spacious, and tastefully decorated. The residents were well-groomed which shows they have good care. The staff is knowledgeable, attentive, ... (read more)

Spring Creek Village

20305 Holzwarth Rd, Spring, TX
Dee: "Spring Creek Village is very nice. We chose it for my father because it pretty much had everything that we were looking for. It was nice and clean, it's a pretty new building, and the staff was very nice. He's doing very well there. The ap... (read more)

2016

Loving Comfort Senior Care

20432 Lana Lane, Porter, TX
Deborah: "I was very pleased with Loving Comfort Senior Care. It was very nice, and if I had to choose one,it would probably be this one. What stood out to me was that it was friendly and clean, and the people were really happy."

Avid Care Cottages

3611 Glenpine Dr, Houston, TX
tcloud1189: "We have been dropping my dad off here occasionally for respite care for a couple of years now. He seems to enjoy his stay and the staff is very warm and welcoming to him all the time. Thanks for taking care of my dad when we need to go o... (read more)

Atria Cypresswood

6611 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX
Debby: "Atria Cypresswood was very nice. They didn't have availability at the time that we looked at it, which was part of the reason we didn't choose it. Also, it was somewhat larger and we were trying to find a facility that's smaller. The dinin... (read more)

Brookdale Champion Oaks

17705 Red Oak Drive, Houston, TX
Roger: "I did not like Brookdale Champion Oaks because it seemed more like a nursing home. It seemed more institutionalized and a little less personalized. When I walked up, I saw a wrapped-up hose, and I thought my mother would trip when she walk... (read more)

Loving Care Cottages

17914 Rolling Creek Drive, Houston, TX
Susan39: "Mother is getting stronger at LovingCare Cottages. The staff members are careful about individualizing the needs of the residents, food-wise. Mom had issues with swallowing so they make sure that her food is very edible. That's quite impre... (read more)
Get Pricing

Mercy Elderly Assisted Living Inc.

19002 Mirror Lake Dr., Spring, TX
Charlotte384738: "The services received at Mercy's Elderly Assisted Living made aunt's last days very rewarding. Mercy and staff did everything necessary not only to make my aunt happy but also the family. We always felt welcome when visiting my aunt and th... (read more)

Wood Glen Court

5000 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX
Patricia: "I'm in assisted living in Wood Glen Court. So far, I'm having difficulty with transportation and I'm spending my morning working on getting appointments and transportation arranged. I have a two-bedroom and it has a walk-in closet. I have ... (read more)

The Pines at Oakhurst

25206 Oakhurst Drive, Spring, TX
Penny: "My mother has been in the Pines for about a year now, and they take good care of her and love her. The location was convenient, and when you walked in, the place smelled fine. She shared a room with another lady, and it's large and fine. T... (read more)

New Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care - Spring

21327 Falvel Road, Spring, TX
pamela771234: "New Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care is a much smaller community with one big dining room, living room, and small bedrooms all around a big, open area. They only have to buildings with 16 residents per building. It’s not exactly what we... (read more)

Loving Care Cottages

14977 Terrace Oaks Dr, Houston, TX
Karma2014: "This facility is a fraud. My family was promised that my son would have help managing medications, we found that he was left to manage them on his own. We were told he would assistance with laundry, but after more than a week my son had so... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 49 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Humble is $3,316 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Humble area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 12 reviews of assisted living communities in the Humble area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 49 assisted living communities in the Humble area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Humble

Seniors who would like to recapture a little of the Old West can book a horseback ride from the Cypress Trails Ranch in Humble, TX. Routes tend to avoid the urban sprawl of nearby Houston, which has grown out around Humble, where 48 assisted living communities are home to many of the area's aging citizens. These facilities are regulated by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, and they provide residents with room and board, emergency assistance and help with normal activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing and dressing.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Humble

• Like Houston, its larger neighbor to the south, Humble, TX, has long, hot summers and very mild winters. August temperatures here average 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Several 100-plus summer days encourage many seniors to stay in their air conditioned rooms until sunset. Winter lows average 44 degrees, which makes for nice nights with open windows.

• Prices in Humble are generally lower than in the rest of the country. Seniors who shop for themselves pay about 84 percent the average cost at the grocery store, for instance, while their health care bills are close to 3 percent cheaper than elsewhere in the nation. Transportation is relatively affordable in Humble, where locals pay around 4 percent less per mile than in similar cities nationwide.

• Seniors pay no state income tax in Texas on their retirement income, regardless of its source, since the state doesn't tax income at all. Senior shoppers do pay the state sales tax of between 6.25 and 8.25 percent, however, and drivers across Texas have to deal with the 20 cent gas tax.

• Property crime is very high in Humble, TX. Averaged over all crime categories, the rate here is nearly three times the national figures. Almost all of this is petty theft, however, like shoplifting, and almost none of it is serious violent crimes of the sort seniors need to be concerned about. Between 2007 and 2017, for instance, Humble had only four homicides.

• Public transportation in Humble is provided by the Metropolitan Transit Authority, which operates rural routes in and around the city. Seniors can book paratransit service for curb-to-curb rides on ADA-compliant buses.

• The Humble area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.

Paying for Assisted Living in Humble

$3,316.00 Humble
$3,000.00 New Caney
$2,900.00 Porter
$2,000.00 Highlands

Assisted Living costs in Humble start around $3,316 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Humble and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Humble

Seniors with low incomes can apply for the STAR+PLUS Medicaid waiver program. This plan helps Medicaid-eligible aging citizens cover some or all of the cost of assisted living.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Humble

Humble and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Humble

Humble-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.