49 Assisted Living Facilities in Humble, TX
Rosemont6450 Kings Parkway, Humble, TX
Atascocita Seniors Care Home18007 Landing Brook Drive, Humble, TX
Heritage Retreat Atasca Woods7105 Hot Creek Trace, Humble, TX
Estia Care LLC18111 Stone Angel Dr , Humble, TX
Reunion Court of Kingwood929 Rockmead Drive, Kingwood, TX
2014, 2015, 2016
Landon Ridge – Kingwood24025 Kingwood Pl Dr, Kingwood, TX
2015, 2016, 2017
Atria Kingwood2401 Green Oak Drive, Kingwood, TX
Brookdale Cypress Station303 Lantern Bend Dr., Houston, TX
Ella Springs Senior Living Community16700 Ella Blvd, Houston, TX
Spring Creek Village20305 Holzwarth Rd, Spring, TX
Loving Comfort Senior Care20432 Lana Lane, Porter, TX
Avid Care Cottages3611 Glenpine Dr, Houston, TX
Atria Cypresswood6611 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX
Brookdale Champion Oaks17705 Red Oak Drive, Houston, TX
Loving Care Cottages17914 Rolling Creek Drive, Houston, TX
Mercy Elderly Assisted Living Inc.19002 Mirror Lake Dr., Spring, TX
Wood Glen Court5000 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX
The Pines at Oakhurst25206 Oakhurst Drive, Spring, TX
New Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care - Spring21327 Falvel Road, Spring, TX
Loving Care Cottages14977 Terrace Oaks Dr, Houston, TX
At A Glance
There are 49 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Humble is $3,316 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Humble area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 12 reviews of assisted living communities in the Humble area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 49 assisted living communities in the Humble area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Humble
Seniors who would like to recapture a little of the Old West can book a horseback ride from the Cypress Trails Ranch in Humble, TX. Routes tend to avoid the urban sprawl of nearby Houston, which has grown out around Humble, where 48 assisted living communities are home to many of the area's aging citizens. These facilities are regulated by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, and they provide residents with room and board, emergency assistance and help with normal activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing and dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Humble
- Like Houston, its larger neighbor to the south, Humble, TX, has long, hot summers and very mild winters. August temperatures here average 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Several 100-plus summer days encourage many seniors to stay in their air conditioned rooms until sunset. Winter lows average 44 degrees, which makes for nice nights with open windows.
Prices in Humble are generally lower than in the rest of the country. Seniors who shop for themselves pay about 84 percent the average cost at the grocery store, for instance, while their health care bills are close to 3 percent cheaper than elsewhere in the nation. Transportation is relatively affordable in Humble, where locals pay around 4 percent less per mile than in similar cities nationwide.
- Seniors pay no state income tax in Texas on their retirement income, regardless of its source, since the state doesn't tax income at all. Senior shoppers do pay the state sales tax of between 6.25 and 8.25 percent, however, and drivers across Texas have to deal with the 20 cent gas tax.
- Property crime is very high in Humble, TX. Averaged over all crime categories, the rate here is nearly three times the national figures. Almost all of this is petty theft, however, like shoplifting, and almost none of it is serious violent crimes of the sort seniors need to be concerned about. Between 2007 and 2017, for instance, Humble had only four homicides.
- Public transportation in Humble is provided by the Metropolitan Transit Authority, which operates rural routes in and around the city. Seniors can book paratransit service for curb-to-curb rides on ADA-compliant buses.
- The Humble area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Humble
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Humble start around $3,316 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Humble and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Humble
Seniors with low incomes can apply for the STAR+PLUS Medicaid waiver program. This plan helps Medicaid-eligible aging citizens cover some or all of the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Humble
Humble and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Humble
Humble-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.