Assisted Living in Granbury
Waterview - The Cove101 Watermark Boulevard, Granbury, TX
The Oaks of Granbury1017 Lipan Dr, Granbury, TX
At A Glance
There are 3 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Granbury is $2,596 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Granbury area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 18 reviews of assisted living communities in the Granbury area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 3 assisted living communities in the Granbury area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Granbury
The Firehouse Cafe, in Granbury, Texas, makes huge cinnamon rolls, the biggest of which is on display in the dining hall where local seniors can enjoy brunch with friends from the area's three residential care facilities (RCF). These communities are all classed as Type A under the Texas Department of Health and Human Services' regulation standards. The department inspects Granbury's RCFs — as well as all of Texas's RCFs — for quality of care, health and safety standards and staff training.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Granbury
Weather in Granbury is moderate by Texas' standards. Winter lows here average around 30 degrees Fahrenheit, and summer highs hover close to 95 degrees Fahrenheit in July and August. Dusty summers can be uncomfortable for seniors with allergies or asthma.
- Cost of living in Granbury is slightly cheaper than the average for the United States. Groceries here cost around 95 percent what they do nationwide, while seniors who need mass transit to get around find that transportation costs are around 3 percent cheaper.
- Texas charges no income tax to its residents, though the state sales tax ranges between 6.25 and 8.25 percent on most items. Seniors who drive pay a 20 cent gas tax on every gallon.
- Crime is unusually high in some categories in Granbury. This is mostly property crime and petty theft, neither of which should be major concerns for seniors living in fully staffed assisted living communities. Violent crime is thankfully low, with "only" three murders happening here between 2002 and 2013.
- Granbury is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area, and as such it's on the line for Fort Worth's Trinity Metro Transit Authority. This service offers discounted fares for seniors and adults with disabilities, on-call curb to curb trips and ADA-compliant buses and trains. To claim the over-60 discount, seniors must have a valid transit ID at the time of boarding.
- The Granbury area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lake Granbury Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Granbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Granbury start around $2,596 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Granbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Granbury
Seniors can cover some or all of the cost of assisted living through the state's STAR+PLUS waiver program. To qualify, seniors must be on Medicaid and willing to accept placement in an assisted living community instead of a nursing home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Granbury
Granbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Granbury
Granbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.