Assisted Living in Flower Mound
The Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care3281 Long Prairie Road, Flower Mound, TX
Flower Mound Assisted Living Community6051 Morriss Road, Flower Mound, TX
Rosewood Assisted Living & Memory Care4141 Long Prairie Road, Flower Mound, TX
Avanti Senior Living at Flower Mound4041 Long Prairie Road, Flower Mound, TX
Lewisville Estates800 College Pkwy, Lewisville, TX
Brookdale Lewisville965 Gardenridge Road, Lewisville, TX
Elmcroft of Vista Ridge400 Highland Drive, Lewisville, TX
Metroplex Residential Senior Living1209 Logan St., Lewisville, TX
HarborChase of Southlake700 East State Hwy 114, Southlake, TX
Knight's Assisting Life LLC966 Main Street, Lake Dallas, TX
At A Glance
There are 15 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Flower Mound is $3,762 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Flower Mound area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 24 reviews of assisted living communities in the Flower Mound area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 15 assisted living communities in the Flower Mound area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Flower Mound
Flower Mound, Texas, is an affluent suburb located in the thriving Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. Its location along the North Shore of Lake Grapevine, and a thriving downtown shopping and entertainment district make Flower Mound an attractive town for retirees. Quiet and family-oriented, Flower Mound's proximity to Dallas affords plenty of opportunity for big-city excitement. There are four assisted living facilities in Flower Mound proper, with 37 nearby. Residents in assisted living communities receive assistance with daily living tasks as needed. Texas Assisted Living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services. Texas licenses assisted living facilities based on residents' physical and mental ability to evacuate the facility in an emergency and whether nighttime attendance is necessary. The Type A facilities house residents that are able to follow directions in an emergency; Type B facilities are for those who require staff assistance to evacuate.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Flower Mound
Weather in North Texas means long, hot summers and mild winters. Seniors with health conditions that are alleviated by warm weather will find relief; those that are especially sensitive to heat may be uncomfortable.
- The Cost of living in Flower Mound is 124, based on a US average of 100. Housing is significantly higher than the rest of the country, but groceries cost slightly lower than the national average and healthcare is even.
- The crime rate in Flower Mound is lower than the national average. Cities are scored on a score of 1 to 100. Violent crime rates are half of the national average, as are property crime rates. Much of the property crime is car break-ins and package theft. Seniors in secure assisted living communities should have little worries about this.
- Flower Mound residents aged 65 and over may be eligible for a free transit service through the City of Flower Mound. The program is Special Programs for Aging Needs and provides door-to-door transport and para-transit services to seniors who qualify. Those with VA benefits or a qualifying disability may also receive the free service.
- The Flower Mound area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital and the Denton Regional Medical campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Flower Mound, as a suburb of Dallas, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Flower Mound
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Flower Mound start around $3,762 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Flower Mound and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Flower Mound
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services can help seniors find assisted living homes within their budget and level of care they require. Those with Medicaid, Medicare, or SSI income, may be eligible for assisted living financing. The STAR+PLUS serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement and also covers the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Flower Mound
Flower Mound and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Flower Mound
Flower Mound-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.