Assisted Living in Brenham
Argent Court Brenham2815 Victory Ln, Brenham, TX
Kruse Village1700 East Stone, Brenham, TX
At A Glance
There are 2 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Brenham is $2,850 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Brenham area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 8 reviews of assisted living communities in the Brenham area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 2 assisted living communities in the Brenham area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brenham
Brenham is a small town in Texas located halfway between Houston and Austin. The proximity to major city conveniences and the close-knit feel of a small town makes Brenham a cozy place to retire. There are three assisted living facilities to choose from in Brenham. The state of Texas designates two levels of assisted living. Licenses are issued according to two levels of care. The type depends on the residents' ability to evacuate without staff assistance in case of an emergency and the need for overnight care and supervision.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brenham
- Brenham weather is ideal for those who enjoy long, hot summers and mild winters without snow. July high temperatures average 94 degrees Fahrenheit and January lows are around 40 degrees. Those with health conditions alleviated by warm weather will find relief, but seniors who are sensitive to high heat may be uncomfortable.
- Brenham's air quality is rated 78, much higher than the U.S. average of 58. According to the American Lung Association, air with few particles and pollutants is beneficial for those with asthma and other respiratory conditions.
- The overall cost of living in Brenham is 91.8, compared to a U.S. average of 100. That puts Brenham at about 10 percent lower than the national average, with health care, grocery and housing costs all falling under the averages as well.
- Violent crimes in Brenham are slightly below the national average, while property crimes are a little above. Theft, including vehicle theft and burglary, comprised the rest of the reported crimes.
- Texas has no state income tax, meaning that retirement income and social security benefits are not subject to taxation. This means more money available for assisted living expenses. However, Texas has some of the highest rates in the nation for sales tax and property taxes.
- The Brenham area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor, Scott and White, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brenham
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Brenham start around $2,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brenham and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brenham
Seniors in Brenham may be eligible to receive assistance paying for assisted living through the Texas Department of Health and Human Services. Services include placement into facilities that match the level of care needed. Seniors who receive Medicaid or Medicare benefits, or who have SSI income or VA benefits, may also be eligible for payment assistance through the STAR+PLUS program. It serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brenham
Brenham and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brenham
Brenham-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.