Assisted Living in Morristown
Regency Retirement Village - Morristown739 E. 2nd North St, Morristown, TN
Dewitt Place2131 Walters Drive, Morristown, TN
Life Care Center of Morristown501 WEST ECONOMY ROAD, Morristown, TN
Heritage Center Nursing Homes1026 McFarland Street, Morristown, TN
Ridgeview Terrace of Life Care165 Coffey Lane, Rutledge, TN
At A Glance
There are 5 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Morristown is $3,600 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Morristown area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 13 reviews of assisted living communities in the Morristown area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 5 assisted living communities in the Morristown area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morristown
Morristown, Tennessee, is home to the famous Sky Mall, the only overhead airwalk system in the U.S. Seniors can explore the historic downtown, shop and have access to four Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) within city limits, with four in the surrounding area. These facilities are referred to as Assisted-Care Living Services in Tennessee and assist elderly residents with services such as medication management and personal care services. ALFs statewide are regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morristown
- Seniors on a budget may have an easier time building their savings in Morristown, due to the cost of living rate being 9.5 percent lower than the national average.
- Outdoorsy seniors in Morristown can enjoy a four-season climate. The average high temperature in the summer is a warm 87 degrees, and the average low temperature in the winters is a chilly 28 degrees. With 11 inches of snow per year, seniors with limited mobility may have difficulties being active all year round.
- The Morristown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Morristown Hamblen Healthcare System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness
- The crime rates in Morristown are higher than the national averages, so seniors and their loved ones may not feel safe. Violent crime is rated at 59.2 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is 21 percent higher than the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 76.8, which is double than the U.S. average of 38.1.
- Seniors can get to their doctor’s appointments, go shopping and visit local attractions through the East Tennessee Human Resources Agency (ETHRA). The buses are wheelchair accessible, so persons with limited mobility get around easily.
- History buffs can visit the Crockett Tavern Museum which a reconstruction of the 1790’s John Crockett Tavern on the site of Davy Crockett’s boyhood home. Seniors can also explore the General Longstreet Museum, the building where General James Longstreet set up his headquarters for the winter months between 1863 and 1864 during the Civil War.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morristown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Morristown start around $2,630 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morristown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morristown
TennCare, Tennessee’s Medicaid program, offers the Long-Term Care Services Program referred to as CHOICES, to qualified low-income seniors. This program may help low-income seniors afford the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morristown
Morristown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morristown
Morristown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.