Assisted Living in Greeneville
Brookdale Greeneville155 Serral Drive, Greeneville, TN
Morning Pointe of Greeneville324 Mt. Bethel Road, Greeneville, TN
Governor's Bend1631 Zane Whitson Drive, Greeneville, TN
Life Care Center of Greeneville725 CRUM STREET, Greeneville, TN
At A Glance
There are 4 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Greeneville is $3,775 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Greeneville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 14 reviews of assisted living communities in the Greeneville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 4 assisted living communities in the Greeneville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greeneville
Greeneville, Tennessee, is steeped in Civil War history and is known for the pro-Union meeting that was held at the Greeneville Convention in 1861. Seniors can visit both confederate and union civil war memorials, enjoy the rich landscape and have access to four Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) within city limits. ALFs in Tennessee are referred to as Assisted-Care Living Services. Their facilities include assistance with daily living activities, supervision and medication management. These facilities are governed by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greeneville
- Violent crime in Greeneville is rated at 48.7 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 64.4, which is much higher than the national average of 38.1. Seniors living in this area may feel unsafe.
- Seniors living in Greeneville enjoy a four-season climate. The summers are warm with a high average temperature of 86 degrees, and the winters are chilly with a low average temperature of 26 degrees. With only nine inches of snowfall, seniors may only have slight difficulty being active all year round.
- Greeneville is home to seven Civil War Trails that seniors can discover and explore. They can also visit the Andrew Johnson National History Site where they can tour the 17th President’s home and cemetery.
- The Greeneville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Laughlin Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Greene county have access to East Tennessee Human Resources Agency (ETHRA), a dial-a-ride service that assists seniors and those with limited mobility get to doctor’s appointments, shopping and entertainment within the county.
- Greeneville has a cost of living rating that is 21 percent lower than the national average. This means seniors may find it easier to afford expensive entertainment or build savings.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greeneville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Greeneville start around $3,775 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greeneville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greeneville
Tennessee seniors may be able to get help paying for assisted living through the state’s Medicaid program, TennCare, which offers the Long-Term Care Program, also called CHOICES. At this time, there is no non-Medicaid program available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greeneville
Greeneville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greeneville
Greeneville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.