What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brentwood
Brentwood is a suburb of Nashville brimming with Southern hospitality and history. Despite the fact that just 12.1 percent of the local population is aged 65 years or older, Brentwood residents have an impressive 49 assisted living facilities nearby from which to choose, including four in Brentwood proper. These communities fall under the government-designated category of assisted care living facilities (ACLF), all of which are licensed and monitored by the Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities under the auspices of the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brentwood
- With summer highs reach 89 degrees Fahrenheit and winter lows barely dipping below freezing, Brentwood’s climate will likely appeal to active seniors who appreciate sunshine and the ability to spend time outdoors year-round.
- Seniors in search of a safe place to live will be happy to discover the crime index in Brentwood is much lower than the national average in both the violent crime and property crime categories.
- Brentwood’s cost of living score is 164.8 versus the national average of 100, however, the most costly category is housing. Seniors who are able to find an affordable assisted living facility may discover that Brentwood is more budget-friendly than it first appears.
- It’s just a 13-minute drive from Brentwood to Nashville, also known as “Music City”. In addition to concerts featuring country music legends and rising stars, seniors can experience the city’s numerous museums, art galleries and historic venues like the Belcourt Theatre.
- Brentwood has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Nashville.
- Brentwood has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Williamson County Parks & Recreation Senior Division, an organization that arranges tours, lectures and other activities for locals aged 55 years and up, as well as at least one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brentwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Brentwood start around $3,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brentwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brentwood
Tennessee has just one state-sponsored initiative for seniors searching for a way to pay for long-term residential care. Tennessee’s CHOICES program helps low-income seniors who would otherwise end up in a nursing home find alternative ways to arrange and afford Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS), including assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brentwood
Brentwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brentwood
Brentwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.