6 Assisted Living Facilities in Conway, SC
Also serving communities of Loris.
Anderson Oaks Assisted Living997 Highway 90, Conway, SC
Brookdale Conway872 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway, SC
Carolina Gardens at Conway2310 Highway 378, Conway, SC
Compass Post Acute Rehabilitation2320 Highway 378, Conway, SC
Reflections Assisted Living219 Middleburg Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC
Brightwater101 Brightwater Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC
At A Glance
There are 6 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Conway is $2,750 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Conway area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 37 reviews of assisted living communities in the Conway area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 assisted living communities in the Conway area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Conway
Conway is a quaint small town perfect for quiet living. For those who enjoy an active lifestyle, Conway offers many attractions, including outdoor activities, beach trips and museums. Seniors who are interested in a vast array of activities while living in a town filled with southern country charm may be drawn to Conway.
For seniors who are independent, but require some assistance in maintaining their lifestyle, an assisted living community in Conway is an ideal option. Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in South Carolina are regulated by the state Board of Health and Environmental Control. There are four ALFs in Conway and 12 in the surrounding areas. These communities provide personal care services that include activities of daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Conway
- The cost of living index in Conway is 90. This indicates that living in Conway is cheaper than that of South Carolina and the U.S., which have a cost of living index of 93 and 100, respectively. Seniors who are on a fixed income might find Conway to be an affordable place to live.
- Conway receives an average of 212 sunny days per year, which is slightly higher than the national average of 205 sunny days annually. Summers are hot, with an average high in July of 91 degrees Fahrenheit., but winters are moderate with an average low in January of 34 degrees Fahrenheit. Seniors who don't mind hot summer months may find Conway the ideal place to live.
- South Carolina is a tax-friendly state for seniors because it exempts social security benefits and railroad retirement income from income taxes. South Carolina also offers special deductions to seniors and retired individuals, which can be beneficial to seniors.
- The Conway area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Conway Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Conway has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Conway Senior Center, an organization that provides daily social, recreational and educational activities for seniors.
- The city of Conway has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy. Some local assisted living facilities may offer supervised day trips for residents to some of the city's top attractions, such as the Theatre of the Republic or the L.W. Living History Farm.
Paying for Assisted Living in Conway
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Conway start around $3,715 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Conway and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Conway
Eligible seniors in the Conway area can apply for the Community Choices Medicaid Waiver to help pay for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Conway
Conway and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Conway
Conway-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.