Assisted Living in Scottdale
Woodcrest Senior Living CommunityOne Woodcrest Circle, Scottdale, PA
Dottie's Personal Care Home1048 PORTER AVENUE, Scottdale, PA
Leah's Personal Care511 PARK AVENUE, Scottdale, PA
Upton's Country Comfort PCH544 Buchanan Road, Normalville, PA
Jo Ella's Personal Care and Respite Center184 KENDI ROAD, Mount Pleasant, PA
Easy Living Country Estates1 Easy Living Way, Hunker, PA
Amber House at Harmon House601 SOUTH CHURCH STREET, Mount Pleasant, PA
Always care LLC697 VANDERBILT ROAD, Connellsville, PA
At A Glance
There are 9 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Scottdale is $1,914 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Scottdale area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 9 assisted living communities in the Scottdale area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Scottdale
Scottdale, Pennsylvania, is a small borough located approximately 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. It's known for its historic architecture, beautiful trees and a friendly, small-town personality. Seniors in Scottdale are well cared for in the area's 25 assisted living residences. Two of these are located directly in Scottdale, while the remaining 23 are nearby in places such as Normalville, Greensburg and Mount Pleasant. Assisted living residences in Pennsylvania are regulated and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living, Division of Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Scottdale
- Scottdale has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Mount Pleasant.
Westmoreland Transit offers free bus service to seniors in Scottsdale and the surrounding area; however, service hours are limited to mornings and afternoons on weekdays.
- Pennsylvania doesn't tax income from Social Security, pension or retirement accounts. Seniors living in Scottsdale can use these savings towards the cost of assisted living
- Scottdale is fairly cloudy and experiences above-average rainfall each year. The U.S. average is 205 sunny days per year and 39 inches of rain, while Scottdale only sees 164 sunny days and averages 42 inches of rain each year. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors or prefer warmer weather may wish to consider assisted living options elsewhere.
- The cost of living in Scottdale is 18.9 percent lower than the U.S. average. Although this is mostly attributed to the extremely low housing costs in Scottdale, seniors will still save on other costs including healthcare.
- Property crimes are fairly frequent in Scottdale. For every 1,000 residents, 24.7 property crimes occur each year. By comparison, Pennsylvania's state average is only 17.43 property crimes per 1,000 residents. Seniors may feel safer in a community with lower crime rates.
Paying for Assisted Living in Scottdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Scottdale start around $1,914 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Scottdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Scottdale
Pennsylvania does not offer support under any Medicaid or government-funded programs to help pay for the cost of services provided by assisted living residences.
Residents who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be eligible for an Optional State Supplement (OSS) that will help pay for the cost of room and board. Room and board charges are capped by the state for seniors who receive SSI. Family supplementation is permitted as long as it's paid directly to the residence.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Scottdale
Scottdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Scottdale
Scottdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.