39 Assisted Living Facilities in Philadelphia County, PA

The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

495 East Abington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Top 3 in my search: "I was very impressed with the facility, the Terrace and backyard settings, and the decor - it was very warm and inviting. I felt the offerings (food, activities, transportation, etc.) were on the more upscale side and well worth the costs... (read more)

2015, 2016

Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

6300 Greene St, Philadelphia, PA
Eleanor743101: "Wesley Enhanced was very nice. For my sister, it would have been a higher cost for her care. The grounds were very nice, and the staff was very polite and courteous. I would recommend it. "

Atria Center City

150 North 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA
JW: "Most residents at Atria Center City have significant cognitive decline, and I am not interested in that, but it's a wonderful location. The rooms range from studios to two-bedroom apartments, which I'm interested in, but they're quite expe... (read more)

2014, 2015

Wesley Enhanced Living Burholme

7040 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia, PA
jeaninenw: "Wesley Enhanced Living at Burholme has been a great experience for my Nan. The staff is kind and hard working. The staff is very helpful. Anytime that we have asked a question, they have been quick to get us an answer. They made my Nan fee... (read more)

Oakwood Residence

2109 RED LION ROAD, Philadelphia, PA
Stanley: "I'm interested in Oakwood Residence, but it's costly. The rooms look like they belong in a five-star hotel. The activities were great and include live entertainment. Everything about the place was really nice. I just wish it was more acces... (read more)

Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park

8401 Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA
-LC: "I wasn't impressed with Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park. The rooms were smaller and they were semi-private. They were separated by a curtain and a wall, and they were adequate. "

Deer Meadows Retirement Community

8301 Roosevelt Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA
Theresa: "We placed my parents at Deer Meadows and are very pleased with it. It seems like a good place. The grounds are OK but not picturesque because it is right on the Boulevard; however, the people who live there seem to be happy. There are lots... (read more)

2015

Harmony Place Assisted Living at Park Ridge

8420 Roosevelt Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA
J.B.: "Harmony Place Assisted Living at Park Ridge is a great place, but just outside of our financial means. It's a gorgeous community, but it's a little bit too expensive for us. Everything was good and we had a good tour. The interview that we... (read more)

The Watermark At Logan Square

2 Franklin Square, Philadelphia, PA
CBS26: "My father spent 5 weeks at Watermark Rehab/Skilled Nursing after suffering a stroke. Here is my honest assessment: 1. Do NOT trust the information provided at admission about insurance coverage. Their Admission Coordinator told us repea... (read more)

2012

Paul's Run

9896 Bustleton Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
James: "I visited Pauls Run. I think it's a very good place, but they don't have a memory care facility. The appearance of the place was excellent, and the staff that I met was also excellent. It almost met all my requirements, and it is pretty hi... (read more)

Glenside Residence

2820 NORTH BROAD STREET, Philadelphia, PA
taxigrl: "I was pleasantly surprised by Glenside. I found the facility very clean and the staff was friendly. I was pleased with the environment and the activities that were available from bingo to craft time. They even had a volunteer who would b... (read more)

Holy Redeemer Lafayette

8580 Verree Road, Philadelphia, PA
RR: "My aunt has been living in independent living in Holy Redeemer Lafayette for a year and a half. She has a one-bedroom apartment with a galley kitchen and her own bath. She is eligible for one meal a day and she usually has her dinner deliv... (read more)

Delaware Valley Veterans Home

2701 SOUTHAMPTON ROAD, Philadelphia, PA
Michael Joel Held: "My name is Michael Joel Held. Recently, I have become a resident of the Delaware Valley Veterans Home. I wish to express my delight having come from another VA facility in Hollidaysburg Veterans Home, in Altoona, PA. To be perfectly frank,... (read more)

The Philadelphia Protestant Home

6500 Tabor Road, Philadelphia, PA
Susan811424: "My mother is very happy at the Philadelphia, and I’m very pleased with the facility. They’ve taken very good care of her, and I think she’s the healthiest she’s ever been there. "

Penn Home

1401 E Susquehanna Ave, Philadelphia, PA
John K.1: "Penn Home was a large and older building. They had been there for a hundred and eight years. They used to be the Penn Foundation for widows. The rooms were private and they were very nice. They served professionally prepared meals three ti... (read more)

Philip Murray House

6300 Old York Road, Philadelphia, PA
xpjonathanxp: "It's a nice community for seniors. My grandmother has a nurse come about 3-4 times a week to help her with cleaning and medical reasons (checks blood pressure, answers any questions my grandmother may have). The building itself is in good ... (read more)

Mayfair Meadows

4400 DECATUR STREET, Philadelphia, PA
fiovino: "Mayfair Meadows was dreary, it really needed sprucing up. There were four in a room, I didn't like that. It wasn't spacious for four people to have four dressers and four beds and couple of closets. One lady in the room had a TV, so she ei... (read more)

McCallum Assisted Life

7141 MCCALLUM STREET, Philadelphia, PA
Sharman1: "My sister is at McCallum LLC. It is near our home. The room is fine. My sister likes it too. She has her own bathroom. So far, since she has been there, she has been in the room by herself, but there is a room for one other person. I absol... (read more)

Caring Heart Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

6445 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Cyhthia: "I had to put a star to rate it but I would give negative stars.They said this was a rehab for people with spinal cord injuries and they lied! Looks nice but don’t let that deceive you.He is coming off a spinal injury.He was quadriplegic be... (read more)

Riverview Home

7979 STATE ROAD, Philadelphia, PA
porichfo: "This was a very nice facilities for my grand mother. It is located right on state road near 95 so it is very easy to get to. They have a parking lot as well. My grand mother was there for about 3 months and the whole time i dealt with noth... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 39 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Philadelphia County is $3,582 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Philadelphia County area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 156 reviews of assisted living communities in the Philadelphia County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 39 assisted living communities in the Philadelphia County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.