Assisted Living in Montgomery County

yrs

The Birches at Arbour Square

691 Main Street, Harleysville, PA
$$$$
leavenow: "Horrible place. Don’t even consider. They put on a great dog and pony show. But it’s horrible. Takes an hour and half for call bell to be answered, trash piles up, medications late, short staff, no activities, forget shower days, don’t make bed, forget to deliver lunch, all management does is collect a paycheck and says I am sorry. Really! Called front desk for half hour and no one picked up. My mom needed assistance and called me. I called and called. No answer or answeri... (read more)
yrs

Sunrise of Blue Bell

795 Penllyn Pike, Blue Bell, PA
$$$$
Gail: "Sunrise of Blue Bell was lovely and beautiful. The rooms were fine and lovely. The place was just further in and I didn't want steps involved. They were lovely, amenable, and sweet to us. They gave us pie on the way out. The price was comparable."

Sunrise of Abington

1801 Susquehanna Road, Abington, PA
$$$$
rachelblack: "I visited Sunrise Jenkintown and met with Lisa Smith LPN and Kamil, the new Director of Sales. I was thoroughly impressed with both the PC and memory care units. I witnessed caregivers dancing with residents, offering guidance and giving a back rub. Given some negative reviews, I grilled Lisa and Kamil and was satisfied with their answers. "

Sunrise of Haverford

217 West Montgomery Avenue, Haverford, PA
$$$$
Edward: "The person who showed me around Sunrise of Haverford was very knowledgeable, friendly, answered all my questions, and was very helpful. The place seemed very homey and social."

The Landing at Willow Grove

1120 York Road, Willow Grove, PA
$$$$
Kate: "The Landing at Willow Grove had beautiful scenery on the outside. The hallways though were very narrow. When we got off the elevator, the first smell I got was the smell of urine, which kind of put me off. The rooms were OK, but there's nothing really fancy about it. The room sizes were fine, but nothing jumped out at me. The food was good, but I didn't see a lot of co-mingling of the residents in the dining room, which seemed odd to me. They weren't talking to one another a... (read more)

Penn Assisted Care

68 Main St., Pennsburg, PA
$$$$
Becky004125: "Penn Assisted Care was nice, the people there were very nice, and it was very clean. It was small, a little cramped, but it seemed like a family. It's very homey. They have a porch, they hang out there, and they go to the movies. "

Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley

300 Perkiomen Avenue, Schwenksville, PA
$$$$
Him1994: "We selected Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley for Mom because it was close to family and the staff was friendly. We had positive reviews from the staff at other assisted living homes. Mom says the food is fine. The facility is dated. It was the junior high school that I went to as a kid. It got rehabbed into a nursing home, but it's freshly painted. The activities seem to be regular and well attended. They play bingo, they paint rocks, and they play Wii bowling. She's attending... (read more)
yr

Sunrise of Dresher

1650 Susquehanna Road, Dresher, PA
$$$$
Amazingly disappointed: "Listen to the phone recording while you are on hold. There is not one thing said on the message that is true. For example, when you visit the site, see if the activities listed on the printed schedule are happening. Likely not. Ask about the turnover rate. I would guess 80%. Of course, there are some good staff. But they struggling. Your family member is not safe there. "

Springfield Senior Living

551 East Evergreen Avenue, Wyndmoor, PA
$$$$
Top 3 in my search: "I was especially impressed with Springfield - it is totally resident-centered and somewhat resident-run. Activities, meals, trips, etc. are up for residents' votes. They can participate as much or as little as they like in the day-to-day life of the community. I loved the sparkly decor and I was shown a menu that made me jealous! If it were for me, I would happily move there. For my mother, the rooms were too small. My tourguide/administrator was absolutely lovely. Th... (read more)

Sunrise of Lafayette Hill

429 Ridge Pike, Lafayette Hill, PA
$$$$
Happy Camper :): "First impressions are lasting. Walking in to some of these assisted living facilities can be somewhat depressing. When I entered Sunrise in Lafayette Hill there was a flurry of activity and smiles from the residents. It seemed like an upbeat place to be. I am in the process of finding a place for my Mother and want the best. I have visited several other places and by far Sunrise had the best feel. All the employees I met on my tour were kind and welcoming. I liked th... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 55 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Montgomery County is $3,973 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Montgomery County area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 327 reviews of assisted living communities in the Montgomery County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 55 assisted living communities in the Montgomery County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.