Assisted Living in Luzerne County

26 Communities

The Corrigan House

200 West 27th Street, Hazleton, PA
$$$$
Located in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, The Corrigan House is near Hazleton Regional Airport and Church Hill Mall. According to visitors, this facility has a country setting while being within walking distance of numerous stores. They also note that the residents seem happy. Family members appreciate the community's cleanliness and its friendly, helpful staff. Residents can choose a private or semi-private room or companion suite, all of which are pet-friendly, internet-enabled an... (read more)

North Penn Manor

240 North Sherman Street, Wilkes Barre, PA
$$$$
Family members of resident: "When we came to the heart breaking decision we could not at home provide the 24hr care that Mom needed and deserved, we found North Penn Manor. Hands on owner Judy along with her staff provided the personal loving care Mom needed and enjoyed. Proactive medical care help keep Mom in tip top shape. Judy and her staff made you feel that you where part of a family and we cannot thank them enough. "

Kingston Manor

700 Third Avenue, Kingston, PA
$$$$
Barbra Smith: "My mom resides here and I am so pleased with her care. I am an RN myself and can have some high expectations of care and they have honestly exceeded it . Nursing care top notch the Nurse Mitzi is very responsive calls me back quickly when I call. Administrator gave me her cell phone number to call at anytime. Home smells nice every time I am there. Home made soup is a nice touch with meals and the extra attention to my mom who is very resistive to eating. Thanks you Kingston... (read more)

Wyoming Manor

80 Wyoming Ave, Wyoming, PA
$$$$
Joan: "I didn't like Wyoming Manor because it was so busy, very noisy outside, and on a busy street. We actually drove past it because we couldn't even find it. When we went inside, it wasn't bad. I thought the place was small because as soon as you walk in, you could smell the food; the cafeteria was right there as soon as you go in. The staff was excellent and very helpful. All of the them were right there in the front. They talked to me and said they didn't have any beds availab... (read more)

Tiffany Court at Kingston

700 Northampton Street, Kingston, PA
$$$$
Sandy: "I visited Tiffany Court at Kingston. It was OK, and adequate, but my dad didn’t enjoy it too much. The staff was very nice, the location was very good, and the grounds were very nicely kept. The rooms were a little tight, and a little small, but adequate. It’s worth checking out definitely."

The Village at Greenbriar

4244 Memorial Highway, Dallas, PA
$$$$
Icansing4U2: "Greenbriar is inviting from the minute the doors slide open. The decor and warmth inside are a delight to the eye. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the activities are in abundance. I wouldn't mind living here when I grow older. Greenbriar gets a 5+ star from me. Others cant compare. The staff has been here for year's. That alone is a testimonial to Greenbriar. Disgruntled employees dont stay. Keep up the great work Cheryl. "
yr

Fritzingertown Senior Living Community

159 South Old Turnpike Road, Drums, PA
$$$$
Fritzingertown Senior Living Community is in Drums, Pennsylvania, near Interstate 81, The Laurel Mall and Lehigh Valley Hospital. According to relatives, staff is friendly and efficient and the food is delicious and prepared to fit dietary restrictions. Residents can participate in casino night, cocktail parties, communion services and in-house bowling or shuffleboard. Off-site transportation is provided to dinner theaters, shopping centers and miniature golf courses. Residen... (read more)

Fernwood Manor

5848 MAIN ROAD, Hunlock Creek, PA
$$$$
Curtis S.YPKIZ: "My aunt has been in Fernwood Manor for about eight weeks now, and she says that she’s going to stay here for a while. It’s all on one floor with pretty long the hallways. If my aunt wants to exercise, she could walk down to the end of the hallway, turn around and come back a couple of times, and she’s good to go. The food is made on-site, so it's not the stuff that’s delivered nor processed food, and they’re allowed to have snacks, as well. She does bingo almost every other ... (read more)

Highland Park

874 Schechter Drive, Wilkes Barre, PA
$$$$
Anthony: "Highland Park is a wonderful community. I love the staff there. They go above and beyond what their job calls for. My father is in the dementia unit. They treat everybody like family and they're constantly in contact with me when anything is going on with him. They let the residents create their own world and they have structured games for them. I love the food there. They offer respite for people my age as well. They have karaoke, Bingo, people who come in and sing, and cra... (read more)

Star Hill Rest Home

935 Star Hill Road, Harveys Lake, PA
1 review
Anonymous115505450: "My mother-in-law is in Star Hill Rest Home, and I am definitely pleased. They staff is very personable. It's set up more like a home as opposed to a nursing home. The rooms are fine. They play bingo and are brought snacks or treats besides the regular meals. "

At A Glance

There are 26 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Luzerne County is $2,099 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Luzerne County area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 63 reviews of assisted living communities in the Luzerne County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 26 assisted living communities in the Luzerne County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.