Assisted Living in Camp Hill
The Woods at Cedar Run824 Lisburn Road, Camp Hill, PA
Golden Living Community Blue Ridge10 HOUSE AVENUE, Camp Hill, PA
Brookdale Grandon Farms1100 Grandon Way, Mechanicsburg, PA
Brookdale Harrisburg3560 N. Progress Ave., Harrisburg, PA
The Crossings at West Shore1910 Technology Parkway, Mechanicsburg, PA
Greenfield Senior Living at Graysonview150 Kempton Ave. , Harrisburg, PA
Elmcroft of Dillsburg153 Logan Road, Dillsburg, PA
Country Meadows - Hershey451 Sand Hill Road, Hershey, PA
Ecumenical Retirement Community3525 Canby Street, Harrisburg, PA
The Bridges at Bent Creek2100 Bent Creek Blvd., Mechanicsburg, PA
At A Glance
There are 27 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Camp Hill is $3,848 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Camp Hill area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 14 reviews of assisted living communities in the Camp Hill area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 27 assisted living communities in the Camp Hill area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Camp Hill
Part of Pennsylvania’s Harrisburg metropolitan region, the town of Camp Hill is 10-minute drive from the state capital, which puts seniors in close proximity to Harrisburg's many amenities. Currently, there are two assisted living facilities in Camp Hill with another 36 located in close proximity to town. The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services licenses and regulates these facilities, also referred to as personal care homes. Seniors residing in a Camp Hill assisted living facility can expect assistance with activities associated with daily living. Some area facilities may offer more specialized assistance to seniors with disabilities or who may be suffering from a condition such as Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Camp Hill
- Seniors concerned about saving money should know that Pennsylvania is a state that does not tax social security checks, which leaves more funds in seniors’ bank accounts. Additionally, the state does not typically tax seniors’ withdrawal from 401k or retirement accounts.
- The Camp Hill area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Many seniors are understandably concerned about community safety. Camp Hill has a crime rate of 769 per 100,000 people, which is well below the national average of 2,837.
Capital Area Transit features public bus service for Camp Hill and the surrounding Harrisburg metropolitan region. Seniors aged 65 and older ride for free.
- Seniors living on a fixed income should note that Camp Hill does have a cost of living index of 104. This is slightly above the national average of 100.
- As in other Pennsylvania locations, Camp Hill can experience extreme weather conditions. The July average high is 86 and associated heat indexes can be hard on seniors with respiratory problems. The January average low is 21; extreme cold, icy conditions and heavy snows can make it difficult for seniors to get around town.
Paying for Assisted Living in Camp Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Camp Hill start around $3,848 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Camp Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Camp Hill
The state of Pennsylvania does not offer any public financial assistance to help seniors pay for care at an assisted living facility. The waivers it offers will help pay for nursing home care or provide support to seniors continuing to reside in their homes. Even so, eligible seniors receiving SSI benefits may still qualify for a monthly supplement that will help pay for care in an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Camp Hill
Camp Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Camp Hill
Camp Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.