Assisted Living in Beaver Falls
Franciscan Manor71 Darlington Road, Beaver Falls, PA
Elmcroft of Chippewa104 Pappan Business Drive, Beaver Falls, PA
Cambridge Village1600 DARLINGTON ROAD, Beaver Falls, PA
Supportive Services1409 8th Avenue, Beaver Falls, PA
Smith's Personal Care Home300 Pine St, Beaver Falls, PA
Lakeview Personal Care Home498 Lisbon Road, Darlington, PA
Beaver Meadows5130 TUSCARAWAS ROAD, Beaver, PA
Passavant Community105 Burgess Drive,, Zelienople, PA
At A Glance
There are 12 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Beaver Falls is $3,770 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Beaver Falls area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 34 reviews of assisted living communities in the Beaver Falls area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 12 assisted living communities in the Beaver Falls area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Beaver Falls
Beaver Falls is a rural community along the Beaver River in the mountains of Pennsylvania. The town is only 45 minutes from Pittsburgh, where visitors can enjoy a variety of attractions, such as the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. About 8,500 people live in Beaver Falls, and nearly 16 percent of residents are 65 or older.
For seniors, the Beaver Falls area offers 15 assisted living facilities, with five in the city and 10 in nearby areas, including Beaver, Rochester and Ellwood City. Facilities throughout Pennsylvania are designated as personal care homes or assisted living residences (ALRs). An ALR can provide limited health care, while a personal care home can only provide assistance with activities of daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Beaver Falls
- The climate in Beaver Falls ranks slightly lower than the U.S. average for overall comfort. However, the temperatures are moderate for the northeast, which can be pleasant for outdoor recreation. The average high is 83 degrees Fahrenheit in July, and the average low is 20 degrees in January. Beaver Falls also gets less rain and snow than average.
- Beaver County received a failing grade for air quality by the American Lung Association for its high level of ozone pollution, which may aggravate certain health conditions for seniors.
- Beaver Falls may be more affordable for seniors than the average U.S. town. The overall cost of living is 21 percent lower than the national average. Residents here pay less than average for health care, housing, utilities and miscellaneous goods and services.
- Public transportation is available with the Beaver County Transit Authority, which stops in multiple boroughs and townships as well as Pittsburgh. Seniors ride the bus for free.
- Beaver Falls has a higher crime rate than most towns in Pennsylvania. The chance of victimization is 1 in 25, which may concern seniors who prioritize neighborhood safety. The most prevalent type of crime in Beaver Falls is property crime, such as burglary and vehicle theft.
- Beaver Falls has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Gardens, where seniors can plant on county-owned land, and Senior Day at Beaver Valley Mall, as well as nearby senior centers for recreation, education and social activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Beaver Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Beaver Falls start around $3,770 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Beaver Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Beaver Falls
Financial benefits for assisted living in Pennsylvania are provided through multiple programs, such as Community HealthChoices and the Aging Waiver. Seniors with disabilities may qualify for an Independence or OBRA Waiver. Those with Social Security Income who reside in personal care homes may receive higher monthly payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Beaver Falls
Beaver Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Beaver Falls
Beaver Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.