Assisted Living in Hermiston
Guardian Angel Homes Hermiston540 NW 12th St, Hermiston, OR
Sun Terrace Hermiston1550 NW 11th St., Hermiston, OR
Avamere at Hermiston980 W. Highland Ave, Hermiston, OR
Ashley Manor - Sage1325 SW Sage, Hermiston, OR
At A Glance
There are 4 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Hermiston is $3,110 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Hermiston area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 6 reviews of assisted living communities in the Hermiston area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 4 assisted living communities in the Hermiston area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hermiston
Seniors who love the refreshing taste of watermelon have come to the right place when they settle in Hermiston, which is known for its production of the juicy melon. Four assisted living facilities are available in Hermiston, all of which provide room and board within a safe, comfortable residential environment. Assisted living communities also typically offer personal care services that include medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living, such as grooming, eating, and dressing. All assisted living facilities in Hermiston and the rest of Oregon are licensed by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hermiston
- The cost of living in Hermiston is 3.2 percent lower than the national average, making it a good choice for seniors on a fixed income who want to take advantage of the natural beauty and benefits of living in Oregon.
- Hermiston has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Community Action Program of East Central Oregon, an organization that provides Meals on Wheels, transportation assistance, legal aid and wellness programs, as well as one senior center.
- As a neighbor of the county seat Umatilla, Hermiston receives a grade of C for its air quality from the American Lung Association. The area experiences four "orange days" a month due to ozone levels that are unhealthy for sensitive persons. Seniors who are prone to respiratory illnesses may want to consider this when contemplating a move to the area.
- Hermiston offers its residents free public transportation, thanks to a partnership between Hermiston Area Regional Transit and KAYAK Public Transit, which is run by the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation. Seniors and others can take advantage of this free service during daytime hours on weekdays.
Hermiston's weather varies greatly across seasons, with average high temperatures in the summer hitting the mid-90s while freezing temperatures are experienced from December to February. Though the climate is typically dry, locals can expect rain in November and May, with snow likely at the height of winter.
- The Hermiston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Good Shepherd Health Care System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hermiston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Hermiston start around $3,110 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hermiston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hermiston
Oregon's Community First Choice Option may provide eligible low-income seniors with financial assistance to help with their assisted living bills. The program, which is also known as the 1915(k) Plan, the K Plan, and the K Option, is part of the state's Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hermiston
Hermiston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hermiston
Hermiston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.