Assisted Living in Gresham
Prestige Senior Living Huntington Terrace1410 NE Cleveland Ave, Gresham, OR
Farmington Square - Gresham1655 NE 18th St., Gresham, OR
Powell Valley Assisted Living and Memory Care Community4001 SE 182nd Ave, Gresham, OR
Brookdale Mt. Hood25200 South East Stark Street, Gresham, OR
Courtyard Fountains1545 SE 223rd Ave., Gresham, OR
Avamere at Chestnut Lane1219 NE 6th Street, Gresham, OR
Gresham Retirement Center1945 W Powell, Gresham, OR
Mountain View Residential Care Facility1220 SE 282nd Ave., Gresham, OR
O'Hara's Manor1250 SE Roberts, Gresham, OR
Russellville Park20 S.E. 103rd Ave, Portland, OR
At A Glance
There are 38 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Gresham is $3,279 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Gresham area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 51 reviews of assisted living communities in the Gresham area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 38 assisted living communities in the Gresham area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gresham
Gresham, the fourth largest city in Oregon, is home to Mount Hood Community College. This institution offers free and discounted classes to seniors age 65 and older.
Area seniors will also find activities and care just for them at any of the 63 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in and around Gresham. These facilities are regulated by the Oregon Department of Human Services. The State of Oregon defines ALFs as those housing six or more seniors in self-contained units.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gresham
- Gresham has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Multnomah County Department of Human Services, an agency that offers a variety of services for residents age 60 and older, as well as a senior center.
- The cost of living in Gresham (and Oregon in general) is significantly higher than in other parts of the United States. Health care and utilities are especially expensive in this area. The overall cost of living in Gresham is 23 percent higher than the national average. This could make living on a fixed income difficult for seniors.
- Gresham has a temperate climate, categorized by warm summers and cool, but not cold, winters. However, the city does get rain, especially from November to February. The average high temperature in Gresham in January is 46 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average high temperature in July is 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
Crime is a concern in Gresham, but it isn't nearly as bad as in other Oregon cities. Overall, the crime rate in Gresham is 10 percent higher than the national average. However, this rate has decreased by 26 percent in recent years, a hopeful sign for area residents.
- Gresham is bisected by both I-84 and US 26, making it easy to get back and forth to Portland. For public transportation, Tri-Met provides scheduled bus service around Gresham and Portland. Seniors, age 65 and older, ride for half fare.
- The Gresham, Oregon area is home to world-class medical facilities including Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gresham
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Gresham start around $3,279 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gresham and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gresham
Those Gresham, Oregon who meet the eligibility requirements will find several state and federal programs to help with the cost of an ALF, including the Community First Choice Plan (Oregon K Plan), and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gresham
Gresham and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gresham
Gresham-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.