Assisted Living in Grove City
StoryPoint Grove City3717 Orders Rd, Grove City, OH
Carriage Court of Grove City2320 Sonora Drive, Grove City, OH
Brookdale Pinnacle1305 Lamplighter Dr., Grove City, OH
Serenity House1939 Mallow Lane, Grove City, OH
Gardens of Scioto433 Obetz Road Suite 200, Columbus, OH
Berkeley Square Independent Living100 Berkeley Drive, Hamilton, OH
Westminster-thurber Community717 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH
At A Glance
There are 7 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Grove City is $3,606 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Grove City area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 29 reviews of assisted living communities in the Grove City area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 assisted living communities in the Grove City area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Grove City
Grove City is a thriving Ohio community nestled between farmland and the state capital, Columbus. Grove City's senior community makes up of 7.1 percent of the city's 39,000 population. To accommodate its aging residents, the city has four assisted living facilities, and three more located in nearby cities. In Ohio, assisted living facilities are designated as residential care facilities (RCF) and are regulated by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). The ODH is responsible for licensing and facility inspections, including one unannounced inspection each year.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Grove City
- Grove City experiences typical Ohio weather with average summer temperatures reaching 85 degrees Fahrenheit in July with temperatures dipping to an average of 22 degrees Fahrenheit in January. Summers tend to have high humidity which can create respiratory problems for seniors, especially those with compromised breathing.
- The cost of living in Grove City is 20.6 percent lower than the U.S average. Areas with lower costs are housing, groceries, health care and utilities.
- Tax rates for Grove City are slightly higher than the national average. The Grove City sales tax rate is 7.5 percent compared to 6 percent nationally and the Income Tax Rate is 5.5 percent as compared to the 4.6 percent national rate.
- The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) operates several bus lines in Grove City, and seniors can ride for half fare with a COTA Reduced Fare ID Card. Other senior accommodations include buses that are lower to the curb, ramps for easier mobility and priority front-of-the-bus seating. The nearby John Glenn Columbus International Airport is available for air travel.
- Grove City has a lively arts culture and the Grove City Arts Council creates opportunities for artistic expression. Seniors are encouraged to attend the festivals, art exhibits and other cultural events hosted by the council. Seniors may want to attend classes and participate in exhibit events.
Paying for Assisted Living in Grove City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Grove City start around $3,606 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Grove City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Grove City
Grove City residents who need help paying monthly assisted living costs can apply for the state's residential state supplement program and/or the Assisted Living Waiver, which is a Medicaid-run program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Grove City
Grove City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Grove City
Grove City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.