Assisted Living in Chagrin Falls
Lantern Of Chagrin Valley5277 Chillicothe Road, Chagrin Falls, OH
Hamlet at Chagrin Falls200 Hamlet Hills Drive, Chagrin Falls, OH
Rehab Pavilion At The Weils16695 Chillicothe Road, Chagrin Falls, OH
Woodside Senior Living19455 Rockside Road, Bedford, OH
Light of Hearts Villa283 union street, Bedford, OH
Maplewood at Twinsburg2463 Sussex Boulevard, Twinsburg, OH
The Woods at Solon Pointe5625 Emerald Ridge Pkwy, Solon, OH
Stone Gardens Assisted Living27090 cedar road, Beachwood, OH
At A Glance
There are 17 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Chagrin Falls is $3,591 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Chagrin Falls area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 11 reviews of assisted living communities in the Chagrin Falls area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 17 assisted living communities in the Chagrin Falls area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chagrin Falls
With over 20 percent of Chagrin Falls' 4,000 residents aged 65 and older, this small village Southwest of Cleveland, Ohio has many options for seniors. Despite its small size, Chagrin Falls is home to three assisted living facilities, with 30 in nearby cities like Twinsburg, Bedford and Solon. In Chagrin Falls, the Ohio Department of Health is in charge of assisted living facilities, or facilities that provide personal care but not skilled nursing care. These communities are also known as residential care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chagrin Falls
- Weather is not a strong suit for Chagrin Falls, which boasts hot summers but very cold winters. Chagrin Falls' snowbelt location yields an average of 76 inches of snow per year, creating challenges for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
- Chagrin Falls is not an affordable place to settle down, with an average cost of living 34 percent higher than the average across the country.
- Crime is low in Chagrin Falls, making this small community a safe place for seniors to live. With an average of 154.1 crimes per 100,000 people in 2016, the crime rate in Chagrin Falls falls far lower than the national average.
- Ohio is an affordable place for seniors, with tax-free Social Security distributions and a marginal state tax rate of just 2.97 percent.
Valley Senior Transportation Service provides transportation for medical appointments, routine errands, and recreational, social and religious events to seniors, age 60 and older, in the Chagrin Falls area. The service operates on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Rides need to be scheduled in advance.
- The Chagrin Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cleveland Clinic - Hillcrest Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chagrin Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Chagrin Falls start around $3,591 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chagrin Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chagrin Falls
Options for financial assistance in Ohio fall into two general categories: Medicaid and non-Medicaid. Ohioans with Medicaid can take advantage of both the Ohio assisted living waiver program as well as the MyCare Ohio program in Cuyahoga County, while those without coverage may be eligible for support through the Residential State Supplement (RSS) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chagrin Falls
Chagrin Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chagrin Falls
Chagrin Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.