Assisted Living in Rolesville
The Haven at Rolesville129 Nortwick Road, Rolesville, NC
The Haven at Carlton Pointe451 Bendemeer Lane, Rolesville, NC
Sunrise at North Hills615 Spring Forest Road, Raleigh, NC
Bright Horizon Senior Care1405 Falls Church Road, Raleigh, NC
Lynn's Care Home at Riverside5614 Apalachicula Dr, Raleigh, NC
The Haven at Waterford Landing1008 Flower Round Court, Raleigh, NC
Falls River Village1110 Falls River Ave., Raleigh, NC
Elmcroft of Northridge600 Newton Rd, Raleigh, NC
The Haven on Saratoga3905 Saratoga Drive, Raleigh, NC
At A Glance
There are 21 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Rolesville is $4,500 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Rolesville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 21 assisted living communities in the Rolesville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rolesville
Rolesville is a small town just outside of the state capital of Raleigh. About eight percent of the towns 7,666 population is over the age of 65. Rolesville provides plenty of outdoor activities for seniors at the Main Street Park or at the Mill Bridge Nature Park. Seniors who visit and decide they want to stay have a choice of two assisted living facilities in town and 24 located nearby.
These facilities are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. There are two different types of facilities that offer housing and personal care assistance, including multiunit assisted housing and adult care homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rolesville
- Rolesville has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Raleigh.
- Rolesville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Wake County Senior Games, an organization that promotes physical fitness, friendship and well-being for individuals ages 55 and older as well as two senior centers.
- The Wake County Human Services Department provides transportation for seniors ages 60 and older. Rides must be scheduled in advance and are provided Monday through Saturday.
- Rolesville experiences cold winters with January lows around 29. The warm summers make Rolesville the perfect place for seniors who enjoy being outside. The average high in July is around 89. The city only gets about three inches of snow per year and 45 inches of rain.
- The cost of living in Rolesville is 120.3, which is based on the national average of 100. This may make it a challenge for seniors who are on a strict budget.
- The crime rate in Rolesville is relatively low when compared to the national average. Based on the scale from one (low) to 100 (high), the property crime rate is 23.4 compared to the national average of 38.1, and the violent crime rate if 11.8 compared to a national rate of 31.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rolesville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Rolesville start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rolesville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rolesville
Eligible seniors may apply for assistance paying for an assisted living facility in Rolesville, through the state’s Medicaid Plan. This plan pays for personal care services, including housekeeping, medication administration and grooming. Eligibility is based on the federal Supplemental Security Income payment and other sources of income. Private room and board are not covered, but family members can supplement to pay for private rooms.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rolesville
Rolesville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rolesville
Rolesville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.