Assisted Living in Raeford
The Crossings at Wayside8398 Fayetteville Road, Raeford, NC
Open Arms Retirement Center612 Health Drive, Raeford, NC
The Crossings at Hope Mills7051 Rockfish Road, Fayetteville, NC
Carillon Assisted Living1164 71st School Rd, Fayetteville, NC
Hope Springs104 Hope Ln, Red Springs, NC
At A Glance
There are 5 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Raeford is $3,095 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Raeford area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 7 reviews of assisted living communities in the Raeford area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 5 assisted living communities in the Raeford area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Raeford
Located in Hoke County approximately 30 minutes from downtown Fayetteville, Raeford is a small North Carolina town named after the Confederate General Robert F. Hoke. The town has a population of 4,900, with 22 percent being over the age of 60. To accommodate this senior population, there are 20 assisted living facilities in the area and two within the town limits. Commonly referred to as assisted living residences, these facilities are regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulation and provide help with grooming, meals, housekeeping and medication administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Raeford
- The Raeford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including FirstHealth Hoke Community Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Raeford has an array of community resources for seniors, including the North Carolina Senior Citizens Association, an organization that seeks to improve the lives of seniors in the area as well as one senior center.
- The Hoke Area Transit Service (HATS) is a county-operated transportation service that provides door-to-door rides for seniors in Raeford and the surrounding area at discount fares. The service also offers standard mini-vans for small groups and 28-foot buses for large gatherings.
- Seniors can hold on to more of their money due to the cost of living of 92.4 in Raeford. This is lower than the national average of 100 and the state average of 96.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, (100 being high), property crime is ranked 74.6, compared to the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 62.4, compared to a national average of 31.1. Seniors should take extra caution on errands and when exploring the city alone due to the high rate of overall crime.
- In Raeford, summers are hot and humid with highs around 91 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters are short and cold with lows around 31 degrees. The city only gets an average of two inches of snow per year, which is ideal for seniors who aren’t fond of white winters.
Paying for Assisted Living in Raeford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Raeford start around $3,095 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Raeford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Raeford
Low-income seniors who require help with daily living may get help paying for an assisted living facility in Raeford through the State/County Special Assistance Program. The amount of help offered is dependent on the individual's Federal Supplemental Security Income payment and any other additional sources of income. While the plan doesn't pay for a private room, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Raeford
Raeford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Raeford
Raeford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.