29 Assisted Living Facilities in Pittsboro, NC
Also serving communities of Siler City.
Cambridge Hills Of Pittsboro140 Brookstone Lane, Pittsboro, NC
Liselotte Care Home3035 Silk Hope Gum Springs Road, Pittsboro, NC
LiveWell at Birchwood Lake Estates6720 Pauline Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
2013, 2014, 2015
Brookdale Chapel Hill2220 Farmington Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
Brookdale Meadowmont100 Lanark Road, Chapel Hill, NC
LiveWell at Coker Hills202 N. Elliott Rd, Chapel Hill, NC
Brookdale MacArthur Park111 MacArthur Drive, Cary, NC
LiveWell at Governors Club11472 Club Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
Coventry Assisted Living260 Village Lake Road, Siler City, NC
Chatham Ridge Assisted Living143 Chatham Downs Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
The Haven at Weaver Crossing2768 Weaver Hill Drive, Apex, NC
Avendelle at Shepherds Vineyard1100 Wellstone Circle, Apex, NC
LiveWell at Hope Valley3736 Bentley Drive, Durham, NC
LiveWell at Governors Club Chapel Hill11476 Club Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
Atria Southpoint Walk5705 Fayetteville Road, Durham, NC
Cambridge Village of Apex10000 Cambridge Village Loop, Apex, NC
Carolina Meadows100 Carolina Meadows, Chapel Hill, NC
Spring Arbor of Apex901 Spring Arbor Courts, Apex, NC
Carillon Assisted Living of Durham4713 Garrett Road,, Durham, NC
Carolina Reserve of Durham4523 Hope Valley Road, Durham, NC
At A Glance
There are 29 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Pittsboro is $3,900 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Pittsboro area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 18 reviews of assisted living communities in the Pittsboro area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 29 assisted living communities in the Pittsboro area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pittsboro
Pittsboro is considered one of the best places to retire in Chatham County, North Carolina. The city is located approximately 40 minutes west of downtown Raleigh and just to the west of Jordan Lake, which provides plenty of outdoor activities and quiet watersports for seniors. Those who require help with medication administration, grooming and need personal care throughout the day can choose between two assisted living facilities within the city limits and 28 nearby.
Assisted living facilities in Pittsboro and the state of North Carolina are regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulation. There are two types of facilities to choose from. Adult care homes are for seven or more seniors and multi-unit assisted housing and service facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pittsboro
- The Pittsboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the UNC Chatham Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- Pittsboro has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Chatham County Council on Aging, an organization that provides activities and scheduled outings for seniors as well as one senior center.
- Seniors who need transportation for errands, medical appointments and other outings can take advantage of the Chatham County Council on Aging transportation service.
- Pittsboro experiences hot and humid summers with highs around 89 and cold winters with lows in January around 29. The city gets approximately three inches of snow per year and 46 inches of rain. Spring through fall is the perfect time for seniors who enjoy getting out to explore the city and surrounding area.
- Seniors on a budget may find it difficult to manage money with a cost of living in Pittsboro around 120, which is compared to the national average of 100. This is higher than the state's average of 96.
- The chance that a senior or other individual has in falling victim to a crime in Pittsboro is one in 305. In North Carolina, the chances are one in 269, which makes Pittsboro a relatively safe place for seniors to live.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pittsboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Pittsboro start around $3,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pittsboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pittsboro
The Medicaid State Plan provides help for seniors who need assistance paying for assisted living facilities within Pittsboro and the state of North Carolina. Eligibility is based on the federal Supplemental Security income payment and additional sources of income. Private rooms are not covered in the waiver program, but family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pittsboro
Pittsboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pittsboro
Pittsboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.