Assisted Living in Morganton
Morganton Long Term Care Facility1300 E Union St, , Morganton, NC
Morganton Long Term Care, Southview Facility151 Southview Street, Morganton, NC
Burke Long Term Care125 Camellia Garden Street, Morganton, NC
Longview Assisted Living2001 Bristol Creek Avenue, Morganton, NC
Mcalpine Adult Care3806 Kathy Road, Morganton, NC
Shaire Center1450 Shaire Center Dr, Lenoir, NC
Grandview Villa Assisted Living2544 Grandview Circle Sw, Lenoir, NC
Taylor Family Care Home2572 Ridgeview Dr, Valdese, NC
Cedarbrook Residential Center1267 Pinnacle Church Road, Nebo, NC
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Morganton area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 2 reviews of assisted living communities in the Morganton area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 9 assisted living communities in the Morganton area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morganton
Morganton, North Carolina is located at the base of the Appalachian Mountain range in the Mountains Region and is on the national register of historic places. Over 21 percent of the population is over 65 years of age and there are 19 assisted living facilities nearby to accommodate them. All of these facilities are licensed and monitored by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morganton
- Morganton’s weather consists of four defined seasons, with an average of four inches of snow in the winter and lows that dip into the high 20s. In the summers, highs will rise into the 80s. The annual average high temperature is just under 70 degrees.
- According to Sperlings Best Places rating system, which is based on EPA data, Morganton has air quality which is below the national average of 58, with a score of 52.
- The overall cost of living in Morganton is well under both the state and national averages. Only daily necessities like groceries are slightly above both averages overall, while housing, healthcare and utilities are well below both averages.
- Morganton has a surprisingly high crime rate for a town of its size, with the violent crime comparison being higher than both the state and national medians. Because of this, Morganton is only safer than six percent of cities in the United States, which is something for seniors to be aware of for personal security.
- North Carolina’s Department of Health and Human Services offers rides for people who are 60 years of age and older through Morganton’s local Department of Social Services. These rides can take seniors to destinations such as medical appointments or grocery stores. The local Greenway Public Transportation system also offers on-demand van transportation for Burke County, which is where Morganton is located.
- The Morganton area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital in Asheville.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morganton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Morganton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morganton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morganton
The state of North Carolina has an Elderly Waiver for aging, disabled adults and a State/County Special Assistance Program, an SSI state supplement, which gives enough financial support to low-income elderly residents to live in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morganton
Morganton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morganton
Morganton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.