Assisted Living in Lillington
Green Leaf Care Center2041 NC 210 N, Lillington, NC
Pinecrest Gardens1984 Old US 421, Lillington, NC
The Haven at Fuquay709 Minerva Dale Drive, Fuquay Varina, NC
Absolute Care Assisted Living431 Junny Road, Angier, NC
Avendelle at Southern Oaks605 Lawson Cypress Lane, Fuquay Varina, NC
Oak Hill Living Center9767 Nc 210 N, Angier, NC
Stage Coach Manor Rest Home6828 Old Stage Rd N, Angier, NC
At A Glance
There are 8 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Lillington is $4,400 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Lillington area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 9 reviews of assisted living communities in the Lillington area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 8 assisted living communities in the Lillington area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lillington
Located on the banks of the Cape Fear River, Lillington is a small town in North Carolina with just under 3,500 residents. The median age is slightly higher than average, with 27.5 percent of residents age 55 and older. The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation oversees a total of 13 assisted living facilities in Lillington and the nearby cities. Those communities offer services such as health and nursing care, housekeeping and monitoring.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lillington
- The cost of living in Lillington, North Carolina, is slightly better than average by 4.2 percent. Seniors won’t get much of a break when it comes to most expenses, but housing is cheaper, which impacts the monthly cost of ALF facilities.
- Seniors who select a Lillington ALF will face a violent crime rate that’s just slightly above average. They should be more concerned with theft and arson, as property crime is a significant 33.7 percent higher than average, so it might be worthwhile to make security a priority when selecting an ALF.
- Lillington, North Carolina is a decent place for seniors when it comes to respiratory health and air quality. The air quality rank is 65 compared to the worse national average of 54. The risk of developing respiratory conditions due to poor air quality is comparable to the rest of the metro area and lower than the state or national averages.
Climate in Lillington, North Carolina is appealing, beating the national average on the Sperling’s Comfort Index (62 out of 100 versus 54, 100 being best). While summer can be warm, winter temperatures don’t dip much below freezing, and snowfall is minimal (3 inches annually).
- Seniors can get around Lillington on the Harnett Area Rural Transit System (HARTS). Subscription routes, dial-a-ride and demand-response services all are available to meet transportation needs.
- Lillington is home to world-class medical facilities, including Central Harnett Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lillington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Lillington start around $4,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lillington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lillington
The state of North Carolina provides multiple financial aid options that might make an ALF more affordable for Lillington seniors. These include Social Security supplements, the CAP/DA Medicaid Waiver and the North Carolina Adult Care Home Assistance and Adult Care Home Special Care Unit programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lillington
Lillington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lillington
Lillington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.