Assisted Living in Kernersville
Shuler Health Care Assisted Living250 Pitts St, Kernersville, NC
Bradford Village West602 Piney Grove Road, Kernersville, NC
Memory Care of the Triad413 North Main Street, Kernersville, NC
Brighton Gardens of Greensboro1208 New Garden Road, Greensboro, NC
Brookdale Skeet Club1560 Skeet Club Road, High Point, NC
Brookdale High Point201 W. Hartley Drive, High Point, NC
Brookdale High Point North1568 Skeet Club Road, High Point, NC
Brookdale Northwest Greensboro5809 Old Oak Ridge Road, Greensboro, NC
At A Glance
There are 20 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Kernersville is $3,275 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Kernersville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 16 reviews of assisted living communities in the Kernersville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 20 assisted living communities in the Kernersville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kernersville
Kernersville is considered one of the best places to retire in Forsyth County, North Carolina. Located approximately 30 minutes east of Winston-Salem, Kernersville is a town with lovely public parks for afternoon walks and a lively business district for seniors who enjoy shopping and eating out.
For those looking for an assisted living facility for help with daily living tasks, there are 59 assisted living facilities in the area, including five in downtown Kernersville. Regulated by the North Carolina Division and Health Service Regulation, these facilities provide medication administration, help with grooming, housekeeping and meals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kernersville
- The Kernersville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Kernersville Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Kernersville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Shepherds Center of Kernersville, an organization that helps enrich the lives of seniors in the area as well as one senior center.
- The Winston-Salem Transit Authority provides a fixed-route service for seniors to and from medical appointments and for errands in the area. The Kernersville Senior Shuttle also runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The crime rate in Kernersville is 83 percent higher than the national average. Seniors have a 1 in 20 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime, which makes safety a concern for those living in the area.
- The cost of living in Kernersville is 93.7, which is lower than the state average of 96 and the national average of 100. Seniors can save more of their money after purchasing groceries and other necessities.
- Kernersville experiences four very distinct seasons throughout the year, which is ideal for seniors who enjoy both the sun and a little bit of snow. Summer highs are around 88 degrees Fahrenheit, while winter lows are around 29. The city gets about five inches of snow per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kernersville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Kernersville start around $3,275 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kernersville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kernersville
Although assistance is not provided for private rooms, the Medicaid State Plan wavier program offers help paying for semi-private facilities for seniors who qualify. Eligibility for the waiver is determined by an individual's income, which includes the Federal Supplemental Security Income payment. Family supplementation for a private room is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kernersville
Kernersville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kernersville
Kernersville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.