5 Assisted Living Facilities in Dunn, NC
Also serving communities of Benson, Newton Grove.
Senior Citizens Village504 Canal Dr, Dunn, NC
Johnson Better Care Inc.,3485 U.S. 301, Dunn, NC
Unprecedented Care157 Stewart Road, Dunn, NC
Green Leaf Care Center2041 NC 210 N, Lillington, NC
Mc Lamb's Rest Home #2998 Five Points Rd, Benson, NC
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Dunn area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 2 reviews of assisted living communities in the Dunn area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 5 assisted living communities in the Dunn area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dunn
According to Places of Value in 2014, Dunn was listed as one of the best places to live in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. The city is conveniently located to Interstates 40 and 95, which provides easy access to area amenities, and the moderate climate is ideal for seniors who are sensitive to extreme temperatures. There are three assisted living residences (ALRs) located within the city of Dunn and 10 nearby. All are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Services. There are two main types of ALRs, including adult care homes (ACHs) and multi-unit assisted housing facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dunn
- The Dunn area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Betsy Johnson Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Dunn has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Elderly Nutrition Program, an organization that provides healthy meals, opportunities for socialization and nutrition education to seniors, as well as one senior center.
- There is a lively arts and culture arena for senior citizens to take part in, including trips to the General William Airborne Museum, a tour of the Poe House, reenactments at the Averasboro Battlefield and tours of the Ava Gardner Museum in nearby Smithfield.
- Dunn has a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and cold winters. The average year-round temperature is usually in the high 60s or low 70s, but summer temperatures can rise well into the 90s. Winter lows are usually around 30. Dunn is also slightly wetter than most cities in the nation, as it receives approximately 46 inches of rain per year.
- Crime is a concern in Dunn, with both property crime and violent crimes occurring more than the national average.
- For those on a budget, Dunn has a lower cost of living rate than most cities in the state and in comparable cities throughout the United States.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dunn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Dunn start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dunn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dunn
While public funding does not pay for private rooms and care in ALRs, there is funding available for eligible seniors within the state. This funding is provided by the Medicaid State Plan. Eligibility is determined by the Federal Supplemental Security Income Payment and other sources of income. Families may pay an additional amount in order to receive a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dunn
Dunn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dunn
Dunn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.